Around that six month mark, bridal magazines and websites tell you to start your beauty regimen stat! I was six months away from my wedding back in November, and I was befuddled. Admittedly, I've gotten lazy in “my old age”, and I eventually found myself keeping with my same routine. That “same routine” is actually one my friends have always envied. I was the girl at slumber parties that insisted I wash my face before bed. In college, I made sure to take off my eye make-up even if I had been out most of the night. Along the way, I've found some tried and true beauty products. I'm a self-proclaimed beauty junkie (see my Pinterest board for faves!) along with my MOH (it's how we bond). So ladies, I've come up with a list of my 10 bridal beauty faves.
My Top 10 Bridal Beauty Faves
1. Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser, $8.99 Not only is this bottle HUGE, but it works wonders. One bottle can last you a year, and it gives you that beautiful glow.
2. Mary Kay TimeWise Age-Fighting Moisturizer, $24 Mary Kay has been in my family for years, and honestly, I love ALL of their moisturizers. This one's a fave because it just ‘hugs' your skin. It feels great, and it even comes with SPF…always needed even when you say ‘I do'.
3. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, $5.99 This one's essential if you're wearing a strapless dress. It works amazing, and it's available in different scents (pink grapefruit!) and different formulas (I favor the scrub).
4. CoverGirl BB Cream, $6.29 I love a good BB Cream, and I've tried out many. This one's my fave because you get more bang for your buck (1.35 oz.), and it's easy to apply and has a nice consistency. It's not heavy but has great coverage-just what I want for my nuptials.
5. Neutrogena Redness-Soothing Oil-Free Acne Wash, $6.99 So…I don't use this on my face. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms (redness that is not cute), and I have looked high and low for something that helps. Well, this does! After I exfoliate, I rub this on, and it gets rid of that redness. A new fave of mine that will leave your skin looking radiant.
6. Dermablend Leg and Body Cover, $30 It's a little pricey, but I tried this out when my mom invested in it. It covers up all those imperfections that you want to hide on your wedding day. My only disclaimer: be careful when applying. Once it's set, it doesn't blend well and can leave some cakeyness.
7. Up & Up Eye Make-up Remover, $4.19 at Target.com This is the Target version of Neutrogena, and it rocks. You've heard it time and again: always take your eye make-up off! Don't neglect your eyes; it's the first thing to make you look haggard, and we don't want to look that way ever let alone when we get married.
8. Mary Kay Firming Eye Cream, $32 Here again, a little pricey BUT it works wonders. I've tried a lot of eye creams, and this one is by far the winner. Those little lines I had under my eye? Gone. Invest in this, and your eyes will be breathtaking.
9. Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara, $7.49 Thank you, Lauren Conrad, for telling the world your secret. Many mascaras I've tried are clumpy, cakey, and weird. LC has changed my life for the better. I plan on buying it in Waterproof for the big day…it makes those eyes POP!
10. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter, $7.99 I'm a lip balm kind of girl (Burt's Bees if you must know), so I don't necessarily want to wear a heavy lipstick on my wedding day. Enter Revlon lip butter. So smooth and creamy with tons of pretty colors…a real winner for those of us who prefer simplicity on our lips.
And there you have it, beautiful brides!