As I mentioned in my intro post, my FH and I both love to travel. Finding inspiration for our wedding from all the places we’ve been was a no-brainer and so we decided on a “vintage travel” theme for the day. My color palette started with red and turquoise, one of my all-time favorite color combinations (long before it became popular…. but doesn’t everyone say that?) and I am incorporating neutral shades of ivory and yellow to enhance the vintage feel.
Here is my current wedding inspiration b
oard which includes some of the specific items we’ll be using to create the right “feel.”
- Bridesmaids dresses, $40 from Steinmart, these are the actual dresses my BMs will be wearing! More on that story another time.
- Custom screen printed ties, from Toybreaker’s Etsy shop- one of my favorite Etsy shops! We haven’t picked out ties yet, but these are the ones I am drooling over!]
- High quality/resolution vintage map prints, from Steve Bartrick Antique Prints and Maps, we’ll be using these maps in our invitations, programs, centerpieces, etc.
- International cities, attractions and personal travel pictures incorporated into all paper products
- Color palette courtesy of Pantone Wedding from Dessy. Great resource for making your own inspiration board!
- Wrought iron lanterns and red candlesticks, I’ve been collecting the lanterns for a few years now because I just plain love them! What pretty centerpieces they’ll make!
- Organza Flowers, So easy to DIY in any color. Great directions at Sew for Home