As I mentioned in my intro post, my FH and I both love to travel. Finding inspiration for our wedding from all the places we’ve been was a no-brainer and so we decided on a vintage travel theme for the day. My color palette started with red and turquoise, one of my all-time favorite color combinations (long before it became popular…. but doesn’t everyone say that?) and I am incorporating neutral shades of ivory and yellow to enhance the vintage feel.
Here is my current wedding inspiration board which includes some of the specific items we’ll be using to create the right “feel.”
- Bridesmaids dresses, $40 from Steinmart, these are the actual dresses my BMs will be wearing! More on that story another time.
- Custom screen printed ties, from Toybreaker’s Etsy shop– one of my favorite Etsy shops! We haven’t picked out ties yet, but these are the ones I am drooling over!
- High quality/resolution vintage map prints, from Steve Bartrick Antique Prints and Maps, we’ll be using these maps in our invitations, programs, centerpieces, etc.
- International cities, attractions and personal travel pictures incorporated into all paper products
- Color palette courtesy of Pantone Wedding from Dessy. Great resource for making your own inspiration board!
- Wrought iron lanterns and red candlesticks, I’ve been collecting the lanterns for a few years now because I just plain love them! What pretty centerpieces they’ll make!
- Organza Flowers, So easy to DIY in any color. Great directions at Sew for Home