Weddings can be expensive, but you can cut costs a number of ways via online resources like lynda.com classes! As a graphic designer, I was able to DIY design TONS of our wedding details from invitations to programs, guestbooks and more- but not everyone has that knowledge. With lynda.com you can take online classes to learn how to do just about anything in the world of creative media! If you're engaged and on a budget here's some great ideas and resources of what you can do and how to do it by getting educated on lynda.com:
- Edit it yourself: Request the raw footage from your videographer and edit it on your own. Take an online class to gain some video editing skills for programs such as Final Cut Pro.
- Wedding Websites: For the couples who are tech-comfortable and want something more unique than the templates offered by The Knot, Lynda.com’s WordPress training would be perfect. This is one of their most popular training topics and there are several courses for all skill levels.
- Wedding Planning: Get Up and Running With Pinterest – this is a great one for curating the look and theme of your wedding
- Photography: Cut costs by learning how to retouch photos yourself or learn the basics of photoshop. Also learn the essentials of photo sharing with friends and family by creating photobooks in iPhoto or Blurb
- Skip the DJ, Make Your Own Playlist: Learn shortcuts and essential iTunes training
- Custom Invitation Design: Again, for the couple that's already design or tech friendly, we have thousands of videos covering print and digital design.
Our digital world is changing every day, but the opportunity to learn a new skill to help you plan the wedding of your dreams on a budget is just one click away. Online learning is not just a trend; it truly is the way of the future. To get your own FREE 7-day trial to lynda.com, click here.