Happy Friday y’all! Hope you’ve all had a fantastic week. I’m just so excited to share this fun post today! I partnered up with my blogger bestie Jen from Something Turquoise to create a super cute and simple DIY Thumbprint Save the Date for you to create! This cute save the date has an element of personalization that you and your fiancé can do together by imprinting your thumbprints onto the design to form a heart… so cute right?
One thing that Jen and I like to keep in mind when we collaborate is to create projects that are easily customizable for a variety of styles. That’s why this DIY Thumbprint Save the Date is the perfect project to share because the possibilities for personalization are practically endless! Choose between two sizes, add a paper mounting in a style of your choice, pick the colors to match your wedding theme — I imagine that each couple’s take on this project will be so unique that I can’t wait to see the results!
Supplies You’ll Need:
- plain cardstock
- paper trimmer or Xacto knife and ruler
- Microsoft Word
- Bebas Neue Font (download it free here)
- ink pad in color of your choice
- felt tip marker / pen
- colored / patterned cardstock for mounting (optional)
- envelopes (optional)
- tape runner or glue stick (optional)
Ways to customize your save the date:
- Choose whether you want a postcard design or a regular 5×7 card to put in an envelope
- Customize the text with your names, wedding date and wedding city.
- Feeling creative? Change the font if you so choose
- You can even change the color of the text if you wanna get extra fancy
- Print the design on white or colored card stock
- Match your thumbprint ink color to your wedding color scheme
- Pick out some pretty paper to mount your cards on. Get creative – try patterned paper, glitter paper, or solid colors to change the look
- Choose the envelope color of your choice to match the design
Check out these different versions of the same project:
You can also create a postcard design! Here’s two examples of a postcard style — you can use the same color for both of your thumbprints or do two different shades to add in more color.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PRINTABLE FILES
Save the Date Printable File – Front <– click to download
Save the Date Printable File – Back <– click to download
The front printable file has cut lines for both a 5×7 size card or a 4×6 size card. When trimming, be sure to choose the guide lines that correspond to the size you want for your project.
Want to see the full tutorial for how to put these pretties together? Be sure to visit Something Turquoise to see how she customized these designs with thumbprints and a marker!
Thumbprint Save the Date
What do you think of this project? Think you’ll give it a go yourself? What would you like to see us create next?