This week has been a whirlwind, y’all! I was lucky to attend a great blogging conference called Alt Summit. I am somewhat of a conference junkie and have been looking forward to this event for a long time. It was wonderful to be at the inspiring Martha Stewart offices amidst some amazingly talented bloggers. I worked my tail off getting things ready on the blog to be ‘out of office’ for a few days, only to have found out late last night that some of the posts I had scheduled for this week did not get posted!! After having such a great day and getting re-inspired, it felt like a huge gut-punch. I hate letting down the readers of this blog and just felt like a big blog failure. I know this was out of my control and I’m looking into the technical issues as to why this happened, but please accept my sincere apologies for the silence here, especially on Wednesday for the Wedding of the Week! The wedding I had scheduled (which you will LOVE, btw!!) will still be posted in the coming weeks, as well as a new printable project from Download & Print that also missed it’s scheduled post date yesterday. Ahhh, the joys and stresses of being a blogger!! Thanks for bearing with me as we sort these issues out! On to some of my favorite links of the week:
- Fashion site Stylecaster.com launched a new wedding section! Don’t miss it for the latest in wedding fashion!
- Was lucky to meet the sweet Jen from Something Turquoise at Alt Summit, and I LOVE this DIY project to add your own ‘something blue.’ Jen is mad-crafty so be sure to bookmark her site for more DIY awesomeness 🙂
- If you’re looking for your dream designer dress at a deep discount, don’t miss our friends at NearlyNewlywed – the prices are not bargain basement by any means but if you’ve got room in your budget and are looking for a couture gown I highly recommend checking them out!
- My sweet friend Lauren of Every Last Detail published an amazing article on Huffington Post- The Truth about Planning a Wedding.
VISIT FLORIDA is having a 500 Years of Adventure Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes celebrates the 500th anniversary of Juan Ponce de Leon’s arrival on the shores of La Florida by offering a new vacation prize package each week through Dec. 29!! Two packages offer romantic get-aways including accommodations at the Southernmost Hotel in the United States or “Tween Waters Inn Island Resort-Captiva Island, breakfast, car rental and a sunset cruise on Fury. The timeline to enter is June 17 to 30. Go to the sweepstakes website at win.VISITFLORIDA.com and enter for your chance to enjoy a romantic Florida vacation for free.
Get inspired by browsing through photos, videos and stories depicting five centuries of Sunshine State visitors on VISIT FLORIDA’s Viva Florida 500 Facebook timeline. After logging in, readers can leave their own mark on history by posting photos, videos and stories about their Florida explorations at “Share Your Florida Story.”
Don’t forget about the super fun bike giveaway I’m running with the fab ladies of The 36th Avenue, The Dating Divas, Oh So Pretty The Diaries, Mod Podge Rocks!, Rage Against the Minivan, and Dollar Store Crafts. Such a great prize to win – sure to provide the winner with lots of summer fun!
Check out these great coupons from our friends at ShopatHome.com
- J. Crew Plan your Wedding with the Wedding and Parties Collection +7.5% Cash Back
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Free Shipping + 2 travel-sized treats of Instant Long-Wear Eye Makeup Remover and Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara with Any order +5% Cash Back
- Organic Bouquet Save 20% Site Wide On Great Eco-Elegant Gifts +9% Cash Back
- Card Maker Kit of The Month Club: Get a Free 5-Piece Tool Set to Begin Making Your Own One-Of-A-Kind Cards
- Expressionery 30% Off Sparky & Marie Stationery & Plates +10% Cash Back
- Anne Klein Up to 50% off Shoes +3% Cash Back
One last thing… I’ve been nominated as a finalist for the Best Budget Wedding Blog from weddingfavors.org! If I am chosen as the winner, they will donate $250 to a charity of my choice. I’ve chosen in honor of my dear friend Sarah who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last summer. Would love your support in honor of this worthy cause! Visit this page to cast your votes!
Hope you all have the most wonderful of weekends!!