Our honeymoon has been a source of stress throughout our engagement. With life being so unpredictable, we didn’t even know if we’d be able to go on a honeymoon. However, I have been persistent and won this battle. As with our wedding, we were also on a budget for our honeymoon. Josh’s only non-negotiable was the same as with our wedding: all-inclusive, and we found ourselves a gem of a deal if I do say so myself.
Here’s how you can save on your honeymoon by using Groupon.
1. Search. Look to see what’s available. It helps if you and your honey have talked about where you want to go.
2. Pricing. I am so budget-conscious that I usually search for things by price. Maybe it’s a habit I formed in my poor college days, but it’s helped me stay in my budget. For the listing, you want to look for All-Inclusive Vacation or All-Inclusive Vacation with Airfare. Then check to see that your nights-to-price ratio are adequate.
3. Details. CHECK THE FINE PRINT. This is extremely necessary, ladies. Some things to look for are if the dates you’re looking for are available, what is included, check-in and check-out times, flight information, and any other information you feel is important. Don’t skip this step!
4. Buy. Purchase your Groupon by checking your desired preferences. You’ll be asked to sign-in and give your contact and payment information. Make sure everything’s accurate before completing your order.
5. Book. Usually Groupon won’t book your reservation for you, so you may have to go to the hotel or booking agency’s site to complete your reservation. Under Your Groupons, there will be a voucher code you’ll be able to enter at booking.
Now you’ve got yourself a budget-savvy honeymoon. Groupon can save you thousands on accommodations and airfare, so don’t let the fear take over and dissuade you from saving money on your dream honeymoon!
Have you used Groupon to book your honeymoon or another big trip? I’d love to hear about your experiences.