Mr. M and I have long been users of Gmail and several of Google’s features, like Google Docs. Unsurprisingly, Google has been a tremendous help in wedding planning. Here’s my advice for How to Use Google to Help Plan Your Wedding:
- We started an email address for wedding purposes, which will be a shared email address after we’re married. We decided to do digital save-the-dates (tutorial soon to follow!) and digital RSVPs. This shared email address will make communicating with guests easy and simple. Also, this a great email to use when registering for gifts and signing up for deals that you don’t want cluttering your personal inbox.
- Mr. M and I are using Google Drive to store and keep track of important details and documents we need for the wedding. For example, we have our guest list in a spreadsheet and a master to-do list in a document, and we’ll eventually have diagrams of the church and reception room layouts in a presentation. Google Drive allows for synchronous editing. Since Mr. M and I are long distance, this is really handy because he can make changes to a document and not have to worry about emailing it to me. It’s also a great place to save digital copies of any contracts you have with vendors- if you have a smartphone you can download the Google Drive App to access and reference them on the go. Google Drive also makes it easy to share just a few documents with people who need them (e.g., emailing the day’s schedule to the wedding planner).
- Use Google Image search to find and gather wedding inspiration. Google search results are often much better than those on Pinterest, and you can pin from the Google search result sources to collect your inspiration!
- Share your Google Calendar with your fiancé or your wedding planner to keep everyone informed of wedding-related meetings and events. It syncs easily with your smart phone as well!
- Finally, Mr. M and I are going to collect addresses through a Google Form like this one. We’ll link to a secure Google Form via our digital save-the-date and request guests to fill-out the form. Then, we’ll have all of our addresses in one place in the same format, making the task of addressing envelopes much easier!
BONUS *edited to add*
- Google maps also come in handy when planning your wedding. You can create a custom map to share with out of town guests highlighting wedding event locations and other favorite local spots!, and then embed the map into your wedding website! Super helpful!
Did I mention all these apps are FREE? Definitely a budget savvy way to stay organized while planning.
How have utilized technology to help with the wedding planning process?