I think every bride probably has a moment when she wants to pull her hair out and scream–I know that I have. Planning a beautiful celebration that fits in your budget but also lives up to your dreams is incredibly stressful. However, if we let the planning, DIYing, and other — get in the way, we lose sight of the true purpose of the wedding–to marry the man of our dreams–and lose ourselves. Here are some of my tips to keep your sanity as best you can.
Keep Calm and Plan Your Wedding
- Remember that, in the end, this day is about you and your fiance. If your invitations have a typo or you couldn’t get the photographer you wanted, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you are able to celebrate your union with family and friends. Focusing on what is important is so helpful when planning.
- Take a day off. From personal experience, I know its easy to spend all your spare time pinning to wedding board to your hearts content or tirelessly work at your DIY projects. However, everyone needs a break, even from wedding planning. Take a day to get a manicure or just relax at home with a good book.
- Spend time with your fiance without talking about the wedding! I think your guy will appreciate going on a date with you without being asked if he likes the font you picked for the invitations. It’s easy to neglect your relationship in the stress of planning a wedding.
- Exercise and eat right. I love my sweet treats, but eating healthy and being active will not only help you look great in your dress, but it will help your mind stay in tip-top shop. I’m going to try to be better about this going forward! 🙂
- Know your limits. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t try to take it all on. Ask for help, cut back on projects, and try to get organized.. A wedding isn’t worth being overtired, irritable, and stressed. I’m pretty sure your family would rather you be happy and healthy than attend the perfect wedding.
I hope that if you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed by the wedding planning process that these tips will help. I know I’ve had to use them plenty of times!