Please give a warm BSB welcome to our newest sponsor! Powerbrides.com is a social networking site for brides-to-be and wedding professionals. You can think of it as the Facebook of wedding planning, where all members of this social community have one thing in common…getting married.
powerbrides offers an interactive platform where brides-to-be can connect and chat with other brides-to-be. Unlike many other wedding websites, powerbrides is not an online magazine. It is a “Wedding Community” where brides can share ideas, ask questions, post pictures, consult with bridal experts and earn “bling points” that can be traded in for free bridal gifts, accessories and services.
Leslie DeAngelo states, “When a woman becomes engaged, she revels in her new found status of bride-to-be. Immediately, she wants to start connecting and communicating with other brides about all things wedding. Simply put, brides love sharing information with other brides about being a bride. powerbrides is the community for the bridal world.”
Brides are able to connect with wedding professionals and receive free professional advice, view work online, and learn more about who they are going to hire on one of the most important days in their life.
“With social networking bringing transformative change to all businesses,” CEO and Founder of powerbrides.com, Rick DeAngelo states: “It’s a win/win for everyone, brides and wedding professionals. brides-to-be can share information with one another as well as reaching out to wedding professionals and the wedding professionals are able to stay current and connected with their young and tech savvy market.”
Rick and Leslie DeAngelo are also the founders of VOWS Bridal Outlet, the first designer bridal outlet in the country as well as of the multi-award winning wedding gown website, bridepower.com. In 2001, they realized the power of the Internet and the transformation that was coming to the wedding industry. With almost 20 years in the bridal industry, they are confident that Powerbrides will revolutionize the way wedding planning is done on the web.
They are also running a designer wedding gown giveaway!
Plan your wedding or help someone plan a wedding the fun and easy way on powerbrides.com and win a wedding gown!
Who can enter?
Any powerbrides member meeting the eligibility requirements below is eligible to participate. No purchase is necessary to enter.
To be eligible:
1. You must be a resident of the United States.
2. You must have an active account on powerbrides.com
3. You must be a member of this Group “Designer Wedding Gown Giveaway”.
4. You must have at least 500 “bling” points accumulated by April 30, 2011.
5. You must have “Invited” at least 5 friends to powerbrides.com and updated your Wedding Page.
Bling may be accumulated from your signup date to April 30, 2011. Bling is accumulated by doing various activities on powerbrides.com. “Donated bling” will not be included as part of the required 500 points.
Points: Learn how easy it is to earn bling points on powerbrides here.
Grand prize: One Designer wedding gown with a Retail Value of up to $5000 selected from the bridepower website. Winner determined on April 30th, 2011.
For additional sizes, please see bridepower’s custom couture line, Liv Harris, or Pronovias or Rosa Clara. Ordering time of up to 14 weeks may apply. Certain restrictions may apply.
If a gown has been purchased on bridepower.com after January 1st, 2011, powerbrides will reimburse the winning bride for the gown cost.
Contest runs from February 2011 to April 30th, 2011. Contest winners will be determined on April 30th, 2011.
How will winner be determined:
We will randomly select 1 user with 500 or more “bling” points on April 30th, 2011. We will use random.org or similar to determine random numbers.
1) Powerbrides reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website; to be in violation of the User Agreement of the Website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in an unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, as determined by powerbride’s, at its sole discretion.
2) If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of powerbrides, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, powerbrides reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and Contest Rules. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, a notice will be posted on the powerbride’s website at www.powerbrides.com <http://www.powerbrides.com> .
3) As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of the Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of- pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your rights and obligations powerbride’s rights and obligations in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and you agree to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts of Watertown, Massachusetts for any disputes relating to the Contest or these Official Rules.
4) All potential winners are subject to verification at powerbride’s sole discretion. No assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize is permitted. By accepting a prize, contest winners agree that their name and likeness may be used for advertising and promotional purposes at powerbide’s discretion for any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations.
5) Contest is void where prohibited.
6) Contest winners will be notified via email and posted on the powerbrides.com <http://powerbrides.com> website.
7) Contest drawing may be delayed if user base does not exceed 100 members.
8) Bling points have no monetary value.
9) You may not be a wedding professional or in the wedding service industry. We reserve the right to disallow entries.
10) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and able to receive shipments of the herein listed giveaway items.
11) Employees of RLT Enterprises.com and respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible