In case you haven’t figured it out by now, there are alot of traditions and customs involved with weddings and some of them are more important to follow than others. Since many couples are tying the knot later in their lives, the traditional format of a wedding registry just isn’t working for couples these days. Brides and grooms are already established in homes of their own and probably don’t need another toaster, blender, or set of bath towels too add into the mix when combining homes. That’s why I love the concept of SimpleRegistry – a site that helps you get what you really want! SimpleRegistry is changing the way engaged couples create and share their wedding registry with their unique online tools that make registering for gifts fun and personable- you can create a registry that is reflective of your personality instead of the latest inventory of the big box retail stores!
Some of SimpleRegistry‘s great features:
- Add Anything to a Registry — Any item from any store on one registry. Even non-tangible stuff like season tickets, indoor skydiving sessions, or a donation to a favorite charity. Literally *anything* that can be thought up can be added to a registry.
- Split Pricey Items to Smaller Portions — Let’s face it, there probably aren’t many people that will buy someone that awesome $2,000 camera all on their own. However, almost everyone has at least 20 friends that would be willing to chip in $100 each. It’s easy to allow for group-gifting at any price level.
- Setup is Easy (and Fun) — Customizing a registry is easy with purpose-built tools like the SimpleAdder (bookmarklet for adding any item from any website with one-click), free Mobile App (scan barcodes or snap a photo of anything and add it to the registry), and Instant Registry for those in a hurry (pre-made lists of professionally curated items).
- Let Others Suggest Cool Items — Why should couples have to think up everything they’ll need on a registry? Registry creation is crowdsourced with our new Item Suggestions feature. Easily send people (with the best taste) a custom version of our SimpleAdder tool that allows them to suggest items from any website in the world. Couples have complete power over which suggested items to add – and which to ignore.
- All Gifts Redeemed as Cash — When the wedding is over all gifts are redeemed directly as cash for the ultimate in flexibility. Newer model of that camera since the registry was created? Different color of that blender desired? No problem! Couples tell SimpleRegistry when they’re ready to receive their gifts and the couple gets a check or funds can be deposited directly to their checking or PayPal account.
- Saying “Thank You” Made Easy — Instantly generated list of all guests, the gift(s) they provided, amounts, and their full contact information.