I made my own “Save the Dates” (and Derek helped) and I am SO thrilled with how they turned out! I am also thrilled with how much they didn’t cost us! (Besides the hours of intensive labor) the 150+ cards we made cost close to $50. That’s all! And more then likely I will re-use all the left-overs from the project.
Making these took a while, and this post may take a while, but if you are looking for an idea to make your own Save the Dates, it will be worth it (I hope)!
I started with my inspiration piece from Martha Stewart
But it was lacking. I needed to have pictures and more color and more “us” so I came up with my own design. I printed out a template on each side of a standard card. That way I got two Save the Dates from one card (which in turn saved money!)
Then I had to make the tin envelopes to hold the actual date. I inlisted the help of my crafting secret weapon… my Cricut!
I have to take a minute to give a big shout out to my future husband for helping me. During this whole process he realized he’s a “cutting guy” because he enjoyed that part the most.
I then used the Cricut to cut out all the numbers for the date
And I gathered up some paper flowers I had on hand
And I used twine and a needle to string them all together
Ladies (and gentlemen) THIS is the most time consuming part. I suggest putting in some seasons of your favorite show, finding a comfy spot and just keep your head down and keep going.
Then it was time to add the magnets (sorry I don’t have a picture) and put them all together!
We loaded them all into their envelopes…
And now these pretties are hanging on the refrigerators of our friends and family members!