Looking for our venue was a challenge. Asheville is a prime spot for brides who want to get married outdoors, and many couples have their destination weddings here in the mountains. We knew we couldn’t afford the places that were $3K and up just for the venue (no rentals, no nothing). The venue we chose feels so special, and I’m not sure I would’ve given it a second look if something hadn’t have told me to go visit.
So I’ve compiled a list of 5 tips for you brides who may be having trouble finding that dream venue on a budget:
1. Use your relationship as inspiration. Like that day at the arboretum, I KNEW the vineyard was the place when we visited. We went out to dinner that night gushing about it. Like our relationship, it just felt right.
2. Look for all-inclusive. Josh’s only criteria for this wedding was that everything should be included. That, as you may know, is difficult! Our venue gives us everything: the tent, tables, chairs, tablecloths, and even china (go green!). We’re both thankful we don’t have to deal with a separate rental company.
3. Focus on quality, not quantity. I found our venue while scoping WeddingWire.com Honestly, what made me unsure about it was because there were only 3 or 4 reviews; however, they were all exceptional reviews. When it comes to other brides’ reviews, look at the quality of the review, not quantity.
4. It’s not all in the PR. Just because a place doesn’t have a ton of reviews or a fabulous website or gazillions of pamphlets doesn’t mean it’s not a stellar venue. Those “mom-and-pop” wedding venues can be just as magical as the others.
5. Stay true to you. Ultimately, our venue feels like us. It is the perfect place because of its breathtaking view and homey feel. That’s the key to your venue: it’s gotta feel like you and your partner. The authenticity will make it memorable for the two of you and enjoyable for your guests too.
What are your tips for choosing a budget-savvy venue? I’d love to hear them!
Editor’s note: Due to the pandemic, some of the general wedding planning advice we share may not be applicable or possible due to restrictions on events. Please adhere to all current regulations and stay safe and healthy! Get more pandemic wedding resources here.