Asking Your Bridesmaids
My 4 very best friends and my 2 baby sisters are my bridesmaids. I, unfortunately was not very creative in my method of popping the question.
I asked my middle sister over the phone if she would be my Maid of Honor the night I got engaged and I asked my littlest sister the next day in person. My friends were asked outside the local bar at our college the night after we got engaged. I was so excited to ask them that I could NOT wait!
Luckily, where my question was not popped in a very creative manner, my very best friend recently got engaged and she asked her maids in the most original way I can think of and being her maid of honor, I wanted to share it with all of my fellow budget savvy brides 🙂
I’d like to introduce the Fortune cookie cupcakes…
My bestie ‘BA’ is a very talented baker and makes the best cupcakes I’ve ever had the joy of eating. My favorite is the milky way filled cupcake. For these she made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing and made the fortune cookie out of caramel.
To make the caramel fortune cookie,
1. She started with a basic caramel candy
2. Flattened it out on a piece of plastic wrap using a rolling pin
3. Then cut it into a circle shape
4. After cutting the circle, she folded the now flat, circle caramel in half and put the handwritten fortune inside
5. After putting the fortune inside, fold the ‘cookie’ so that it’s in a half circle, fortune cookie shape
6. Put your fortune ‘cookies’ on top of delicious cupcakes and give them to your maids to enjoy!
I was able to find a tutorial, with pictures here. It looks similar to how she described the process.
How did you ask your maids? Were you creative like ‘BA’ or were you like me and couldn’t wait?!