When it comes to your big day, there are so many expenses to think about. One thing that might not be considered essential is having your bridesmaids get their hair done for your wedding. If a professional updo for each of your gal pals isn't in your budget, consider sharing these DIY bridesmaid hair tutorials with them!
Herbal Essences’ celebrity stylist Charles Baker Stahan has shared 3 of his favorite DIY Wedding Hairstyles along with some step-by-step instructions on how to achieve these looks yourself! They're super simple and Herbal Essences products are amazingly affordable – so the following 3 looks are easy to do and perfect for savvy gals who are on a budget! Check out the looks below:
Photography by: Samantha Thompson, Paige Overturf, Megan Clouse, virginia carden, Morgan Slade
- Start with a mousse right after you get out of the shower – Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé has a light hold that will keep your hair’s natural movement and body.
- Rub the soufflé gently at the scalp area to provide lift and control at the root. Then, wring out the excess water with your hands, allowing the water to carry the product evenly and softly through the ends of the hair for prefect product distribution
- Then, use a diffuser on a high heat setting and low wind speed to force out the excess moisture and keep the hair’s natural body and movement
- To create a sexy, beachy wave, wrap sections of the hair in the mid-shaft area around a 1-inch curling iron, leaving out the ends
- A key tip is the smaller the section, the more curl and the larger the section, the looser the wave
- Finish the look with the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo to give it that amazing texture and body that lasts!
- Follow the steps above to bring your hair from wet to dry.
- After wrapping your hair around the curling iron, immediately wrap the section of hair around a Velcro roller – this keeps hair smooth while it cools and keeps the lift and body
- Mist a bit of the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist onto the rollers before taking them out, then brush out the curls to give them a soft, beautiful finish
- After curling your hair with a curling iron as described above, back comb hair at the crown for lift
- Leaving the hair free that frames your face, gather the rest into a low ponytail and divide into three sections
- Loosely wrap each around the base of the ponytail and pin them in
- Set with a flexible hairspray such as the Herbal Essences Flexible Hold Spritzer
Want to recreate the looks yourself? Shop the Herbal Essences products below to give these styles a try!