Gift giving is most definitely one of my love languages. Suffice it to say, buying gifts to give to our family and friends helping with the wedding has been one of my favorite activities.
When selecting gifts, I'd recommend asking yourself the following questions:
- What role is this person playing in our wedding? What's my relationship with this person? This will help you determine what gift to get and the amount to spend.
- Will they enjoy this gift? Pretty self explanatory, but try to get them something they'll use.
- Can I gift him/her something they will use in the wedding? This will help you and them, because they won't need to spend (as much) money to be part of your day, and you can give them exactly what you want
Also, here are some tips for finding/purchasing gifts:
- Etsy is a great place for unique/personalized gifts.
- Don't overlook stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls (that's where I got the tea sets for my bridesmaids).
- Watch for seasonal sales; I purchased the earrings for my bridesmaids during a Christmas sale. Mother's Day is coming up and there are some great jewelry deals to be had.
- Check local; the wine we purchased was from a winery 2 minutes from my house.
- Buy things over time so you're not rushed.
- Dollar stores have great options for gift wrapping.
Below are what we're giving (if you're helping with our wedding, stop here 🙂 )
Our Parents — A Crystal Waterford Clock (similar style)
Bridesmaids — Earrings, tea set and homemade bridesmaid “survival kits”
Misc. gifts we're giving — fine picture frames and gift cards.