Episode 17: Sustainable Weddings
Episode 17 of The Bouquet Toss is all about ways to make your wedding more sustainable and eco-friendly! We’re thrilled to be joined by Debra Aho of the wedding resale app, Sellebrate. Debra shares her advice for planning a meaningful celebration with less waste! Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #17: Sustainable Weddings
Eco-Friendly Weddings: Sustainable Tips, Buying Re-Used Wedding Items and more!
Eco-friendly weddings are a trend we are specifically passionate about. Savvy Weddings are not only good for your wallet, but for the world too! We’ll be talking about ways to save the earth and your cash with some savvy resources and ideas for your wedding day.
Jess and Sari are joined by Debra Aho, CEO and Founder of Sellebrate App, a platform for buying and selling any item needed for life’s big events! She is sharing amazing tips from food choices to decor options that will cut down on waste and leave our planet a little bit better for future generations.
About Debra and Sellebrate:
Debra Aho is CEO and founder of the Sellebrate app that launched for Apple and Android users in August of 2020. She worked with the app development company, Infinite Red to create the social e-commerce app that is for buying and selling all used and extra items from weddings and celebrations. She has been a professional wedding photographer for the past 8 years. Her career began while living with her family in South Africa from 2010-2017. She relocated to the United States and is now living in South Carolina. She is passionate about a no-waste lifestyle, upcycling and repurposing items in her own home; which was the launching energy behind the app Sellebrate. Her spare time is spent with family, friends, nursing house plants, and many outdoor activities.
Links Mentioned in this episode:
- Dtocs Plates
- Eco-friendly Wedding Ideas
- Minimalist Eco-Friendly Wedding in Texas for $18K
- Eco-Friendly Wedding Gift Ideas
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 1: The Bouquet Toss
- Episode 2: The White Dress
- Episode 3: The Bridal Party
- Episode 4: The Diamond Engagement Ring
- Episode 5: The Wedding Dances
- Episode 6: The Wedding Cake
- Episode 7: Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue
- Episode 8: The Wedding Veil
- Episode 9: The Unity Candle
- Episode 10: The Honeymoon
- Episode 11: The Speeches
- Episode 12: Giving the Bride Away
- Episode 13: The Send Off
- Episode 14: Season 1 Bonus
- Episode 15: Wedding Loans
- Episode 16: Wedding Lighting Trends
- Episode 17: Sustainable Weddings
- Episode 18: Livestreaming Your Wedding
- Episode 19: Wedding Beauty Trends
- Episode 20: The Rise of Elopements
- Episode 21: The Wedding Rental Revolution
- Episode 22: Pressed Flower Details
- Episode 23: Epic Wedding Photography
- Episode 24: Alternative Wedding Style
- Episode 25: Wedding Dessert Trends
- Episode 26: Personalized Wedding Vows
- Episode 27: Making New Wedding Trends
- Episode 28: From Budget to SAVVY
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry