Episode 17: Sustainable Weddings
Episode 17 of The Bouquet Toss is all about ways to make your wedding more sustainable and eco-friendly! We’re thrilled to be joined by Debra Aho of the wedding resale app, Sellebrate. Debra shares her advice for planning a meaningful celebration with less waste! Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #17: Sustainable Weddings
Eco-Friendly Weddings: Sustainable Tips, Buying Re-Used Wedding Items and more!
Eco-friendly weddings are a trend we are specifically passionate about. Savvy Weddings are not only good for your wallet, but for the world too! We’ll be talking about ways to save the earth and your cash with some savvy resources and ideas for your wedding day.
Jess and Sari are joined by Debra Aho, CEO and Founder of Sellebrate App, a platform for buying and selling any item needed for life’s big events! She is sharing amazing tips from food choices to decor options that will cut down on waste and leave our planet a little bit better for future generations.
PS, This episode is sponsored by Greenvelope.com. Get 15% off your purchase by using code SAVVY15 at checkout.
About Debra and Sellebrate:
Debra Aho is CEO and founder of the Sellebrate app that launched for Apple and Android users in August of 2020. She worked with the app development company, Infinite Red to create the social e-commerce app that is for buying and selling all used and extra items from weddings and celebrations. She has been a professional wedding photographer for the past 8 years. Her career began while living with her family in South Africa from 2010-2017. She relocated to the United States and is now living in South Carolina. She is passionate about a no-waste lifestyle, upcycling and repurposing items in her own home; which was the launching energy behind the app Sellebrate. Her spare time is spent with family, friends, nursing house plants, and many outdoor activities.
- Sellebrate – Download the App
- Instagram: Sellebrate
Links Mentioned in this episode:
- Dtocs Plates
- Eco-friendly Wedding Ideas
- Minimalist Eco-Friendly Wedding in Texas for $18K
- Eco-Friendly Wedding Gift Ideas
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
This podcast is brought to you by TheBudgetSavvyBride.com and is hosted by the founder, Jessica Bishop, and real weddings editor Sari Weinerman. Subscribe on Apple or Spotify today!
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips
- Episode 57: Why Prenuptial Agreements are so Savvy
- Episode 58: How to Hack Your Honeymoon and Earn ROI on Your Wedding Spending
- Episode 59: Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
- Episode 60: Wedding Day Hair with Joseph Maine
- Episode 61: Wedding Planning as the Groom and why it’s “Worth It” with Ryan Cabrera!!!