With only six days left until my wedding, I thought I would show you all a quick, last-minute DIY bird cake toppers. I came up with this when I couldn't find a cake topper that I liked anywhere. These little guys didn't take me more than ten minutes to make and I think they ended up being super cute!
- Patterned paper
- Poster board or card stock
- Glue stick
- Hot glue
1. Pick your favorite paper. I used a pretty floral print.
2. If, like me, you use regular scrapbook paper, you'll need to glue the paper to poster board or card stock so that the birds aren't floppy.
3. Using a pencil, trace out the desired shape.
- I got the bird stencil at Hobby Lobby for $1.99
- Avoid the legs for ease of cutting
- Make sure to flip the stencil for the second bird so that they'll face each other
4. Cut your dowel if necessary or use pre-cut ones. I cut my dowel into about six inch pieces.
5. Glue the dowel to the center of the birds. I simply used hot glue.
6. Admire your handiwork!