So when I passed by these beautiful velvet stockings in Pottery Barn, I had to have them for my future home. Dan and I requested monetary gifts on our website since we’ll be moving when he gets back from his deployment, so I had to prepare for a flood of cards. And I knew that they would make the perfect card holder!
– The cut out (printable) of the accent you want
– glitter ($3.99)
– ribbon ($2.99)
– Mod Podge (had some hiding in my closet from previous crafts but I think a small bottle is around $5)
– brushes ( I had old paint brushed lying around)
– hot glue gun
2. Mod Podge the glitter over the cutout. I placed the cutout inside a shoe box top to catch the glitter. Also, I recommend two layers of glitter, at least on the front, so that none of the paper shows through.
3. Hot glue the ribbon. I made a little bow to go on the Mrs. since I love bows. As you can see in the picture, the back of the Mrs. isn’t very beautiful but I figured no one will see it and I didn’t want too much glitter to get on the stocking.