As a make-up artist, skin care is the base for beautiful looking make-up. Here is my simple skin care routine that won't break the bank, but it will leave you with clean, smooth skin!
What you will need:
1. white, granulated sugar
2. cotton round pads
3. pure lemon juice
4. make-up remover
5. peel-off facial mask
1. Prepare two cotton round pads for your skin exfoliating step. I recommend using one cotton pad for one side of the face, and the second for the other side of the face. Pour a few drops of lemon juice on each pad. Lemon juice is a natural exfoliant and can even help remove blackheads and discolored areas. It is also a natural skin brightener. Then pour some granulated sugar on each pad. The sugar plays the main role in removing dead skin cells and leave the skin feeling smooth.
2. Wash your face with warm water. The warm water will open up your pores and make it easier to remove dirt and bacteria. Use your make-up remover (if needed), to remove any leftover make-up. I recommend Boots Botanics cleansing wipes.
3. Use the two pre-made exfoliating pads with lemon and sugar. As mentioned, I use one per half-side of the face. Rub in a circular motion and concentrate on any dry spots or acne prone areas. Once you're finished, wash your face with warm water to get rid of all the sugar. Your face will appear a little more red than usual, but your skin will feel soft and smooth.
4. Once a week, I apply the Freeman Facial Peel-Off Mask in Cucumber after exfoliating my skin. It is an inexpensive treat if you enjoy facial masks and smells great. This mask will leave your skin feeling renewed & soft. It's also a great excuse to relax and have some ‘me-time' for 10 minutes!
5. After the mask has dried, wash your face again with warm water. Once your face is clean, wash your face with cold water. The cold water will close up your pores and make them look smaller.
6. Last step: moisturize! I absolutely love and recommend Cetaphil cream. This product delivers immense moisture and is great for not only your face, but for your body too! It is also a great product for sensitive skin. Your skin will instantly feel nice and hydrated. Added bonus: if you want to sheer your foundation down, just mix in a dab of the Cetaphil cream with a few dabs of your foundation before applying. [Note: there is a difference between the Cetaphil cream and the lotion. I personally prefer the cream over the lotion.]
ps. For those of you who have oily skin, I recommend Peaches & Cream from Kiss My Face. It contains alpha hydroxy acids and is great for acne prone skin!
Happy skin care days!
Best wishes! XOXO
-Mel from S3KA | Make-ography