The typical wedding invite size is 5×7, which uses a A7 envelope. I am a huge fan of the Euro Flap Style sold at Paper Source, which run about $5 for 10 envelopes, however you can get A7 Euro Flap envelopes at EnvelopeMall.com for $18.95 for 100 envelopes. HUGE savings. They have alot of the same colors as PS for wayyyy cheaper.
If you don’t want to create your own template, you can get a envelope liner template set from Paper Source that contains clear plastic templates to make envelope liners in these sizes: 4bar, A2, A6, A7, A9, 5 3/4″ square, 6 1/2″ square. The kit costs $10.95 and if you see yourself using it alot in the future for projects, I think it’s a good investment because the templates will hold up well over time. But if you don’t want to buy the templates, then here’s an envelope liner tutorial to make them yourself:
What you need:
One piece of cardstock
Paper you want to line your envelopes with
Glue stick/tape runner
I didn’t have any patterned paper on hand, so for the sake of this tutorial I printed a pattern onto some text paper on my printer at home. Using wrapping paper is a very cost-effective solution as you can trace lots of liners onto a roll.
Quick and Easy Directions to line an A7 envelope:
1. Take one envelope and trace it onto some cardstock. Cut out your template
2. Cut 3/4 inch off the bottom of your template, and 1/8 inch from each side, so the liners will slide in easily
3. Trace the template onto your envelope liner papers
4. Cut out the liners
5. Insert the liner into your envelope
6. Fold down the flap with the liner inside it to make a crease. Using a ruler inside the envelope helps to make a good crease
7. Fold the flap back up, but leave the liner folded down. Apply glue with a glue stick or tape runner and then fold the liner back with the flap, pressing down to make sure the glue sticks
8. Ooh and ahh over your beautifully lined envelope!
This is something I really wanted to do for our wedding invites but I was just too short on time. It can really make a big impact on your wedding suite and doesn’t have to cost alot to do!