Whew, the end of another wonderful week! I’ve been having some fun with the Martha Stewart Crafts items that I picked up during my visit to Alt NYC last week! I am making a little family portrait of me and the hubs to hang in our future apartment. They gave us graph paper to diagram out what we wanted to stitch, but I found it easier to take this to a digital platform where I could more easily erase and edit my design — I used this Pixelartor site that reminds me of old school Microsoft Paint. I used to draw little people in a very similar way with the program when I was a young girl. How it took me so long to realize I wanted to be a graphic designer, I’ll never know This is a really simple and fun craft and there are so many ways you could incorporate this handmade item in your wedding day! Check out this great post from Jen of Something Turquoise – she shares Table Numbers made from cross stitch! TOO CUTE!! Would you try your hand at cross stitch items for your wedding? Be warned – it is time consuming. But I’ve found that cross stitch is a great stress reliever — definitely a fun and productive craft to do when you’re feeling overwhelmed with wedding planning!!
Now onto more fab links from this week:
- Great post over on Burnett’s Boards about choosing the right dress for your body type!
- Another informative post from Every Last Detail about the myth of a ‘day of coordinator’.
- Loving this post on Snippet & Ink about easy wedding favors and another with free printables from Hello Lucky!
- I also love this DIY over on I Spy DIY – wouldn’t these make adorable table numbers?
Weekly coupons from ShopAtHome.com!
- Travelocity 5% Off Hotels – No Minimum Spend +10% Cash Back
- Hancock Fabrics $5 Off $50 +4% Cash Back
- Anne Klein Up to 50% off Shoes +3% Cash Back
- Piperlime Up to 60% off Twice Yearly – Lime Tag Sale +6% Cash Back
- Wine Spies $10 Off Purchase Of 6 Bottles of Wine or more $2.00 Cash Back
- And for couples planning a honeymoon check out all the great travel deals
And some more deals from our partners!
5% OFF any size order at LunaBazaar.com. Use SUMMERWEDDING at checkout. Valid July 1-31
Big sale at Ruche Bridal! With coupon code BRIDAL40, you can take 40% off their ENTIRE bridal collection, including wedding gowns, decor, plus size options, and bridesmaid dresses. Deal ends Wednesday, July 3 at 11:59 PM PST.
Enjoy 15% off wedding orders of $149 or more or 20% off orders of $249 or more from Wedding Paper Divas using the code WED20JUNE at checkout. Offer expires 7/2/2013 at 11:59 pm (PT).
Blurb has 4 photo books under $20! These books offer an easy and inexpensive way to share all of your precious memories and they make wonderful gifts, too! We have included new text links for you to grab and banners to use with your post. Remember, posts with text links embedded are far more likely to drive traffic for your site!
- Blurb Designer Instant Books for $12.99
- Blurb Facebook Books for $12.99
- Blurb Instagram Books for $18.99
- Blurb ebooks for $9.99
Don’t forget, we’ve been nominated as a finalist for the Best Budget Wedding Blog from weddingfavors.org! If BSB is chosen as the winner, they will donate $250 to a charity of my choice. I’ve chosen in honor of my dear friend Sarah who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last summer. Would love your support in honor of this worthy cause! Visit this page to cast your votes!
Have a wonderful weekend, lovelies!