Where should you set up your wedding registry?
Setting up your wedding registry sounds like the funnest part of planning a wedding. It’s like going shopping, but you don’t have to pay at the end!
However, the challenging part or registering for wedding gifts is choosing a registry location. With guests at every age and scattered across the country, it can be hard to find one that works well for you.
Think about the items that you really need or want to register for. Do you want a registry that lasts 2 years after your wedding? Do you need one that has everything you’re interested in? Or are you looking for one that rewards you the most for completing your registry?
So what are the best stores to set up a wedding registry? We’ve shared a comprehensive list below of the most popular stores that couples use for their wedding registries to help you make your choice!
Best Stores to Set up a Wedding Registry
perks of setting up your registry at Target
- If you don’t get everything off your list, Target will send you a 15 percent off coupon for the remainder of your items. Most of the stores below only offer 10 percent off if you still have gifts left.
- Your registry will only stay active for 90 days after your wedding, so encourage your guests to buy their gifts before your nuptials.
- You have up to a year to return an item after your wedding date.
- Target carries everything; I’ve heard of couples adding cat litter to their registry just to receive an extra coupon to use. Make sure to do this after the wedding so your Aunt Sue doesn’t carry a gift bag full of litter to your reception.
perks of setting up your registry at Bed Bath & Beyond
- This store is famous for its ubiquitous 20 percent off coupon, which notoriously never expire. But it’s also got a great mix of home goods, funny “As Seen on TV” products and bath ware.
- Returning items is easy if it was bought directly off your registry.
- Your registry will stay active for 2 years, so no worries if someone doesn’t bring a gift to the wedding.
- There are also special incentives and possible free gifts, so this is a good option if you want a one-stop registry shop.
perks of setting up your registry at Crate & Barrel
- If you’re still using a couch that you scored from Goodwill, Crate & Barrel is your ticket to adult furniture. This is where you can register for your grown-up dishes that all fit a modern, clean asthetic.
- You have 30 days after purchase to return an item. Unfortunately, you’ll only be eligible for store credit, which is some consolation. Still, make sure to open all those gifts or you’ll be stuck with two sets of dutch ovens.
- You get a 10 percent off coupon for any items left on your registry AND any additional items you want to buy.
perks of setting up your registry at Williams-Sonoma
- If you’re craving some special attention, Williams-Sonoma offers a private appointment to set up your registry, which can be a nice tough if you’re wandering the aisles unsure of what to choose.
- You’ll get store credit for anything you return up to 90 days after.
- Williams-Sonoma gift cards also work at West Elm and Pottery Barn
- Your registry will stay active 1 year after the wedding.
- Your guests can register for wine. Might be helpful for writing those thank-you cards.
- You’ll get a 10 percent off code for any un-purchased items as well as anything extra add you for six months after the wedding (helpful when you realize that no one remembered to buy any plates).
perks of setting up your registry at Macy’s
- If you choose do the bulk of your registry via Macy’s, sign up for a Macy’s credit card and link it to your registry. Your guests will help you earn rewards dollars with every item they buy and your own purchases will go towards helping you get your next gift.
- You can return items for in-store credit.
- The registry stays active for 2 years after your wedding. Three months after your wedding, you’ll receive a 10 percent off coupon.
We hope this list of the best stores to set up a wedding registry helps you make the right choice for you!
Explore More Wedding Registry Options