Black Lives Matter.
The Budget Savvy Bride exists to celebrate LOVE, not hate.
We want our entire community to know that we are committed to stand up and speak out against racism. While we have always welcomed and embraced diversity in our publication, we commit to diversifying our content in a more active way to represent all of our savvy couples. We will do this through the following ways:
- Showcasing more diversity & inclusion within our content. We will actively seek out and feature weddings that celebrate the love of all people.
- Amplifying and highlighting Black voices and talent. This means including more Black creators’ products and work in our content, social feeds, etc.
- Being accountable and holding others accountable. We’ve taken the #UnitythroughCommunity pledge to work to rid the wedding industry of racism, prejudice, and bias.
- Investing time and money into educating ourselves. On a personal and professional level, we promise to educate ourselves to be better and more vocal allies.
We know we won’t always get it right or say the perfect thing, but our commitment is to be open to listening, receiving feedback, and doing better moving forward. ?
BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD
Resources & Funds to Support the Movement
The Black community needs more than just words, thoughts, and prayers… they need our support. If you are able, consider donating to one of these funds or performing other forms of advocacy to help create racial change.
- Racial Justice Network
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Campaign Zero
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Equal Justice Initiative
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
Can’t decide where to donate? This option from ActBlue divides up your donation amongst various anti-racism organizations.
Learn More About Systemic Racism, White Privilege, and Police Brutality
Confused about racism, police brutality, and where you fit in? You’re not alone. Take a few minutes to read about the racial disparities and the targeting of black people in your community so you can help create change.
- Video: Systemic Racism Explained
- Video: Explained: The Racial Wealth Gap
- Events in African American History
- Mapping Police Violence
- Why You Need to Stop Saying “All Lives Matter”
- My White Friend Asked Me to Explain White Privilege; I Decided to Be Honest
To our Black friends in our community, we see you, we stand with you, and we are here to do what we can to support you. Don’t hesitate to contact us if there are specific actions we can take to do so, and also feel free to message us on Instagram– our DMs are always open!
Sending so much love to you all. ?