Are your religious traditions super important to you but you've always envisioned a beachside wedding rather than a traditional chapel ceremony? Thanks to Weddings by Funjet and their awesome wedding concierge service, that's totally not a problem – they'll help you plan the perfect destination wedding without having to leave behind your religious traditions.
Are you asking yourself, “what on Earth is a wedding concierge?” Well, allow me to explain. Your Weddings by Funjet Concierge is your go-to person to plan all the details of your dream destination wedding. They will even help you navigate which type of ceremony you want to have, and help you include any spiritual religious or traditions into your day.
It's important to note: the easiest option is to have a civil ceremony at home, and a religious/symbolic ceremony at your destination. Paperwork and documentation will vary by country for civil ceremonies, so this is the simplest way to take care of things. Also, depending on the country, your religious ceremony may not be legally recognized unless combined with a civil ceremony, so it's just better to get it taken care of locally.
Country specific ceremony tips:
- In Mexico, only civil ceremonies are considered legal and must be performed by a Judge. A religious ceremony can be done alone, as a symbolic ceremony, or in conjunction with a civil ceremony.
- In Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, most religious officiants are able to perform legally recognized ceremonies.
- All-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico and the Caribbean have experience coordinating religious ceremonies of a variety of faiths.
- Resorts often have religious officiants they work with, you don’t have to find your own, unless you want to. There may be an additional fee, however.
Tips for specific religious ceremonies:
- Catholic: Many resorts have chapels on-site allowing for officially recognized Catholic ceremonies. Couples need to fulfill all the requirements you would to be married in your home parish, and provide documentation of this to the priest in your destination at least a month beforehand.
- Jewish: Some resorts may ask for official letters from the bride and groom's synagogue. Resorts know rabbis who perform traditional, modern, and interfaith Jewish ceremonies. In Cancun and Playa del Carmen, there are even kosher catering options from local Jewish centers.
- Hindu, Muslim or Sikh: Many all-inclusive resorts cater to couples looking for traditional Hindu, Muslim or Sikh ceremonies in tropical locations. They’re prepared for large weddings and celebrations that last multiple days, and even provide tailored packages that include henna artists, flower garlands and other traditional touches. All you need to do is talk with your Weddings by Funjet Concierge to work out all the personal details for your ceremony.
Have more questions about religious ceremonies in other countries? You should speak to Weddings by Funjet and get your very own wedding concierge! No matter where you are in the planning process – newly engaged or already working with a travel agent, your Wedding Concierge is ready and waiting to make your life easier. Get in touch with Funjet today to start planning your perfect destination wedding!