Make a DIY Fringe Photobooth Backdrop
Planning a wedding can be really fun, but really stressful! There are so many different things to remember to do, from planning the reception to picking out your flowers, that it can be easy to get overwhelmed and stop enjoying yourself as you prepare for your special day.
To help yourself destress with some crafts—and save a little cash—consider taking some time to make a photo booth backdrop! These photo backdrops are a great way for your guests to snap photos at your reception and they are SUPER easy to create.
Using this tutorial from Gifts.com, you can make your own photo backdrop for your wedding. Together, you and your guests can take photos that you’ll keep forever and fun goofing off while you do it too!
RELATED POST: HOW TO SET UP A DIY WEDDING BACKDROP
How to Make a DIY Photobooth Backdrop
The basis of your photo backdrop is the stand itself. Making your own will save you money, plus you can reuse it over and over again for future parties and celebrations. All you need to do is swap out the backdrop!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
To make the backdrop stand you’ll need the following:
- 4 – T connectors
- 2 – Elbow connectors
- 4 – 1.5 foot long pieces
- 2 – 4 inch long pieces
- 2 – 5 foot long pieces
- 2 – 6.5 foot long pieces
Though we used a 1.25 inch PVC pipeline throughout, feel free to adjust as needed. You can also change how long you want the pieces to customize your backdrop stand to best fit your space! If you can't find pieces of PVC at these exact lengths, buy longer ones and have them cut at your local hardware store. Online, especially on Amazon, you'll have no problem getting 5 ft lengths, but any longer may be a challenge, so keep that in mind.
Once you’ve gathered all your materials, you can make your stand!
PART 1: BUILDING YOUR BACKDROP STAND
2. Add another “T” connector to the top of the 4-inch pipes. The middle “T” line should face inwards.
3. Connect the two base pieces by attaching a 5-foot pipe to each of the “T” connectors that are facing inwards.
4. Add the sides of the photo backdrop by attaching the two 6.5 foot pipes to the upward facing openings on the “T” connectors.
5. Add the two elbow connectors to the tops of the 6.5-foot pipes.
6. Connect across by attaching the remaining 5-foot pipe to the elbow connectors.
Once you’ve built your backdrop stand, you can now add the fringe backdrop that people will pose in front of.
PART 2: CREATING THE DIY FRINGE BACKDROP
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
To make the fringe backdrop, following the directions below:
1. Cut out triangles from the tissue paper. To save yourself time, cut through multiple layers at a time.
2. Add the fringe by cutting vertically into the triangle.
3. Attach the triangle to the frame using tape. Start at the bottom so that the tape won’t be visible.
4. Voila! You’re done. Be sure to include some fun photobooth props as well so that people can pose with them!
Now that you’re finished, get ready to celebrate your wedding with your own customized backdrop. Guests will be sure to have some creative photos to share with you and your friends—and have a great time while doing it!