Semi-DIY Wedding Invitations on a Budget
If you’re looking for tips on how to score beautiful wedding invitations on a budget, look no further! We share tips and tricks to get a luxe look for less.
If you’re looking for one place to save money on your list of wedding expenses: the invitations are a great place to cut costs. But that doesn’t always just mean doing it yourself or making your own wedding invitations!
No, you can still get professionally created, gorgeous wedding invitations for less. Today I’m going to share some ways to snag gorgeous invitations at amazing prices, plus give you a little paper inspiration!
Perhaps you’ve always been kind of a paper snob and would LOVE to send letterpress invitations, but due to a large guest list, that just wouldn’t be realistic for your budget.
If you’re looking to get the luxe look for less, it is possible if you’re willing to do a little work! We’re not talking FULL DIY here… we’re talking semi-DIY!
Get Gorgeous Wedding Invitations on a Budget by Going the Semi-DIY Route
Here are some of our favorite basic designs we’ve seen around the interwebs!
Type Frame Wedding Invitations
I love Basic Invite’s design tool because you can truly customize each aspect of your invitation, or just leave it as “basic” as possible!
Hot pink printed save the date
This one-color letterpress design from Ladyfingers Letterpress is a great example of a cost-saving design that is high-quality.
Charming Go Lightly Wedding Invitations from Minted
Dress these classic invites up with a patterned envelope liner or a bold-colored envelope.
Script Emblem Wedding Invitations
This design from Basic Invite is another simple and classic look just waiting to be dressed up with semi-DIY add-ons!
Love Letter Wedding Invitation from Minted
Pair this design with a bright red envelope to play off the letterpress design.
Nautical Wedding Invitations from Ladyfingers Letterpress
This is another great example of a one-color letterpress design that is more cost-effective than a multi-colored design.
Sophisticated Typography Portrait Wedding Invitation
Another lovely option for your semi-DIY wedding invitations from Basic Invite!
Cost-Saving Wedding Invitation Tips
Here are some of our top tips and suggestions to keep costs down if you’ve got expensive tastes when it comes to paper:
- Consider just having your actual invitation done in letterpress and having the RSVP card and other enclosures flat printed to save money.
- Choose a one-color design for your letterpress invitation, it’s much more affordable because they only have to be run once! Less time & labor means less cost to you!
- Add color to a basic black printed invitation by choosing colored envelopes or having your enclosure cards printed in a bold color that matches your wedding theme.
- Apply embellishments yourself! Wrap your invitations in twine or ribbon in a hue that matches your wedding color scheme. Purchase your supplies from discount stores or use a coupon at your local craft store.
- Make DIY wedding invitations with our free printable designs (4 to choose from!) Customize them with pressed flowers, watercolors, or whatever your heart desires! Then print them yourself or send them to our favorite online printing company.
- Make a big impression by creating your own envelope liners! Use some affordable wrapping paper and create a stencil to make your own style statement. Check out this envelope liner tutorial for instructions.
- Create your own design and get a letterpress company to print for you! Check out the resources on the NSS (National Stationery Show) website to find a letterpress printer.
- Add an online RSVP on your wedding website to avoid paying extra postage. I did this for my own wedding and it worked out wonderfully!
Create Semi-DIY Wedding Invitations with our Wedding Printable Collections!
Any of these gorgeous designs would look amazing for your wedding and can be personalized and embellished with a little DIY flair. If letterpress just isn’t in the budget, you can opt for flat printing and apply these same basic ideas to create a budget-savvy wedding invitation!
If you’re looking for wedding invitations on a budget, make sure to take advantage of our Wedding Deals for the most up-to-date offers from our favorite wedding invitation partners.
📌 Pin This! 📌