Semi-DIY Wedding Invitations on a Budget
Learn how making semi-DIY wedding invitations can save you time and money!
If you’re looking for one place to save money in your list of wedding expenses: the invitations are a great place to cut costs. But that doesn’t always just mean doing it yourself or making your own wedding invitations! No, you can still get professionally created, gorgeous wedding invitations for less. Today I’m going to share some ways to snag gorgeous invitations at amazing prices, plus give you a little paper inspiration!
I’ve always been kind of a paper snob and would’ve LOVED to have sent letterpress invitations but with my 150 person guest list that just wasn’t realistic for my budget. If you’re looking to get the luxe look for less, it is possible if you’re willing to do a little work! I’m not talking FULL DIY here… I’m talking semi-DIY! Here are my top tips to keep costs down if you’ve got expensive tastes when it comes to paper:
Cost-Saving Wedding Invitation Tips
- Consider just having your actual invitation done in letterpress and having the RSVP card and other enclosures flat printed to save money.
- Choose a one-color design for your letterpress invitation, it’s much more affordable because they only have to be run once! Less time & labor means less cost to you!
- Add color to a basic black printed invitation by choosing colored envelopes or having your enclosure cards printed in a bold color that matches your wedding theme.
- Apply embellishments yourself! Wrap your invitations in twine or ribbon in a hue that matches your wedding color scheme. Purchase your supplies from discount stores or use a coupon at your local craft store.
- Make DIY wedding invitations with our free printable designs (4 to choose from!) Customize them with pressed flowers, watercolors, or whatever your heart desires! Then print them yourself or send them to our favorite online printing company.
- Make a big impression by creating your own envelope liners! Use some affordable wrapping paper and create a stencil to make your own style statement. Check out this envelope liner tutorial for instructions.
- Create your own design and get a letterpress company to print for you! Check out the resources on the NSS (National Stationery Show) website to find a letterpress printer.
- Add an online RSVP on your wedding website to avoid paying extra postage. I did this for my own wedding and it worked out wonderfully!
Here are some of my favorite basic designs I’ve seen around the interwebs!
Wedding Invitations on a Budget
Love this simple design from Shutterfly! Dress it up with a patterned envelope liner or metallic envelope.
I love Basic Invite’s design tool because you can truly customize each aspect of your invitation, or just leave it as “basic” as possible!
This one-color letterpress design from Ladyfingers Letterpress is a great example of a cost-saving design that is high-quality.
This design from Shutterfly can be pressed with foil for a glam look, while you choose flat printed accent pieces like RSVP and accommodations cards.
Dress these classic invites up with a patterned envelope liner or a bold-colored envelope.
This design from Basic Invite is another simple and classic look just waiting to be dressed up with semi-DIY add-ons!
Pair this design with a bright red envelope to play off the letterpress design.
This is another great example of a one-color letterpress design that is more cost-effective than a multi-colored design.
This simple design on Shutterfly is another great example of a simple invitation that can be easily dressed up with add-ons and customizations!
Another lovely option for your semi-DIY wedding invitations from Basic Invite!
Create Semi-DIY Wedding Invitations
Any of these gorgeous designs would look amazing for your wedding and can be personalized and embellished with a little DIY flair. If letterpress just isn’t in the budget, you can opt for flat printing and apply these same basic ideas to create a budget-savvy wedding invitation!
If you’re looking for wedding invitations on a budget, make sure to take advantage of our Wedding Deals for the most up-to-date offers from our favorite wedding invitation partners.