Hi BSB ladies! I’m back with the second part of my DIY Rhinestone Veil tutorial. Now, I have to be honest and say that this part of the process was a little more tedious and not as fun! However, it was great to see the finished product come together and I’m pretty proud of myself!
1. Mark out every half inch across the width of the tulle. I just used a black marker, but I’m sure there are better ways to do it. Don’t worry about making it perfect. This will not be visible at the end.
2. Thread a needle and go through the dots, going up one, down the other to gather the edge. I hope this makes sense, but if not, there are great tutorials around the Internet.
*Even knotted, the thread had a tendency to pull through. I ended up tying a tiny seed bead at both ends to keep the thread in place and it worked really well.*
3. Measure the length of your comb. Using this length, tie off your thread.
4. Scrunch until the gathers look nice and even. Mine look totally uneven here, but I promise the veil turns out nice. 🙂
5. Place the front side of the comb to the back side of the veil. This way the veil will cover the comb when placed in your hair.
6. Secure the sides of the veil to the ends of the comb. I just used little clothespins, but I’m sure there are probably more sophisticated tools for this.
7. Going through the teeth of the comb, whip stitch the two pieces together. I left about a half an inch of excess, this way your dots don’t show and its easier to work with.
8. Trim off any loose threads, etc. At this point, you could trim off the excess, but I decided to leave it just in case. I was worried trimming it might cause areas to come loose.
The finished product!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY! It wasn’t too complicated and you get a great, inexpensive veil that you can treasure for a lifetime!