Newly engaged and new to this site?
I want to officially welcome you to The Budget Savvy Bride!
Chances are, if you've stumbled upon this website, you're looking for ways to save money on your wedding.
I'm happy to tell you, you have come to the right place, sister!
Editor + Founder of TheBudgetSavvyBride.com
I'd like to personally introduce myself— I am Jessica Bishop and I am the founder of The Budget Savvy Bride. I started this blog back in 2008 while planning my very own budget savvy wedding! (Want to see pics from my big day? Check them out on our facebook page!)
When I was planning my wedding, there weren't many resources out there for brides who wanted to have a beautiful wedding while on a small budget, so The Budget Savvy Bride quickly became a go-to site for budget wedding inspiration!
After our wedding day was over, I had lots of requests to keep the blog going from brides looking to save money on their weddings. I felt a strong calling to continue to help the brides who were in my situation, so I've been running the site ever since!
If you’re interested, you can read the whole story about how this blog got started here.
what we believe
Here at The Budget Savvy Bride,
we believe that your marriage
is more important than your wedding.
This stance makes up a big part of who we are, and is a huge reason why we choose to be creative, thrifty and wise when it comes to spending money on a wedding. We don't believe in accruing a mountain of debt over one day… we want you and your new hubby to start your life of married bliss in a financially responsible way.
We've all heard the statistics about divorces, and one of the major contributing factors in an overwhelming number of failed marriages is MONEY. So our goal here at BSB is to help brides everywhere find ways to save money on their weddings!
Take a look at our manifesto… this is how we describe ourselves, and what we think our brides and readers are like, too…
If you find yourself nodding your head and thinking, “YES, that's me!” then you are definitely in the right place!
Most Popular Features
I thought I'd take the opportunity to give you a little tour around the blog and some different areas of interest!
- Some of our favorite features around here are our DIY projects, full of step-by-step tutorials to make lots of fun crafts or other items for your wedding day. Our DIY projects are created by myself and our real brides- no intimidating magazine-worthy photoshoots here!
- We work with some great companies to bring you other great DIY content as well, such as our Free Printables by Download & Print and our Flower Tutorials from Blooms by the Box!
- Another popular feature is our Resources Page. If you are shopping for an item for your wedding, you’ll likely find it here. We’ve rounded up a great list of wedding resources for anything you might need to purchase for your big day- from the dress through decor!
- And of course– what we are MOST famous for, sharing Real Weddings where you can browse by budget or location! Reading the personal experiences of the brides in our features and seeing their budget breakdowns is SO helpful because it gives you a real idea of what things can cost and where you can save!
New Features – Coming Soon!
Here are a couple of features we are currently working on building out to further enhance the community here on The Budget Savvy Bride!
The Budget Savvy Bride Community
We're working on implementing community forums where you can chat with other Budget Savvy Brides and share ideas, resources or even sell or trade items! It's sure to help you connect with other brides in your situation like never before!
The Budget Savvy Bride Shop
Very soon we'll be launching a shop where we will round up our favorite budget savvy items for weddings and wedding events. From attire and accessories to decor and gift ideas, you'll love our top recommendations for the best ideas out there.
What to Expect From The Budget Savvy Bride
Here on BSB, you will find posts from REAL BRIDES who are planning their own budget weddings.
After my own wedding was over, I decided to continue the tradition of this blog being authored by real budget brides by bringing on real bride bloggers- we recruit a new set of brides every 6 months or so who voluntarily share their own wedding planning experiences, DIY projects and more!
I find that hearing about the good, the bad, and the ugly of wedding planning from other gals who are going through similar experiences is one of the most valuable ways to learn about planning a wedding.
In addition to sharing the real budget wedding features, I also pop in now and again to share posts from an expert point of view or to offer recommended resources and info about our fabulous sponsors – please note: I personally review each and every advertiser who supports our blog to make sure their product or service is relevant and helpful to our readers.
From time to time we will also have giveaways for fun products that could be useful during your planning, on your wedding day or beyond! Because brides on a budget LOVE free stuff, right?? Obviously.
No matter what, our commitment to you is this:
- We will never share a product, service, deal, freebie, coupon or anything else for that matter that we haven’t used (or wouldn't use) myself.
- We won’t ever knowingly point you in the direction of something that isn’t truly representative of the budget savvy brand.
- We will not allow sponsorships, affiliates or any other form of advertising — paid or unpaid — to influence the opinions expressed on this site.
How to Support The Budget Savvy Bride
This site exists to offer support, inspiration and ideas to help brides all over the world plan the day of their dreams on a budget. We provide this site and all the information here free of charge to help YOU!
- Choosing to shop with our list of vendors on our resources page is one way to help The Budget Savvy Bride. I’ve spent years developing relationships with brands & companies who I believe offer great products at great prices, and many of them are affiliate partners of this site. Anytime you’re looking for an item for your wedding, visit our resources page and click on the link or banner of your choice to visit vendor sites before making your purchase.
When you click on our affiliate links / banners, we may receive a commission on purchases made during your visit. It’s small beans but every bit helps us cover hosting and server costs, which tends to be the bulk of our expense.
Additionally, we use affiliate links in many of our product reviews and sponsored posts. As I stated earlier, we only choose to review and feature products, services, and vendors who we believe truly have value to offer to our readers. If you purchase a product we recommend and end up hating it and therefore returning it, we don’t make anything from it- so we strive to only feature the products that we love and think you’ll love, too!
- Another way you can support BSB, is to share our content. Each post has social share buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc. If you read something here that you find valuable, we encourage you to share it with your friends, family, bridesmaids, your great Aunt Sally– whoever you think might enjoy it! Sharing our content & introducing us to new readers is the BIGGEST compliment we could ever receive, and something we truly appreciate!
- You can also give us a boost if you connect with us on the different social networks, as we love to share budget savvy content from all across the web (not just our own) to help you get the best info out there to save money on your wedding! Click any of these links below to visit our pages and connect!
I hope you’ll enjoy browsing the site and decide to stay a while. Please feel free to leave us a message in the comments or shoot me an email with any questions, suggestions, requests or ideas!
Remember, I’ve been there, done that– and my door is always open if you need advice or guidance on anything wedding or budget related!
Wishing you the best in your planning, wedding day, and beyond!!