Mr. M and I are in the thick of planning our honeymoon. And while we’re over the moon (ha, see what I did there 😉 ) about how wonderful it will be, expenses are starting to quickly add up as we’re making our budget.
A friend of ours who was married in June created a honeymoon registry for herself and her husband, and they had wonderful results! Mr. M and I are currently planning on following their example, but are still weighing out the pros and cons of honeymoon registries. Below are some of the pros I’ve come up with, but I have some questions too.
Pros of honeymoon registries:
- Provides the couple with additional resources to use on their honeymoon to enjoy activities they’d otherwise skip.
- Gives guests an opportunity to pool resources together to give the couple a special experience.
- Offers the couple an alternative to registering for traditional household registry, or a way to supplement their household registry if they’re not creating a full registry.
Questions about honeymoon registries:
- Will guests perceive us as cheapskates?
- How can we ensure that we have our resources in time for the honeymoon?
- Am I overlooking any items that I should have on my household registry that I haven’t thought of? I don’t want to register for our honeymoon if there are items I’ve missed for my household registry.
- Is there anything you wished you had registered for but forgot about/overlooked?
Would love to hear any feedback/thoughts you have about honeymoon registries or registries in general!