Blooms by the Box Review!
Hello all! It’s good to be back here and blogging as a MARRIED WOMAN! Mr. M and I were married on May 25 and it was glorious. I’m looking forward to sharing a recap very soon.
Before sharing photos from the big day, I’m excited to share some of the details about my wedding flowers. If you remember from my post on wedding flowers, I mentioned that I would be using wholesale flowers for my reception. I was pleased to partner with Blooms by the Box, who helped me explore this budget savvy way of incorporating real flowers into your wedding.
For my wedding, I ordered:
- 100 stems of Geraldine Roses (which I love because of the hint of green on the outer leaves).
- 10 bunches of Leather Leaf Fern
- 10 bunches of Gypsophila Million Star (Baby’s Breath)
We had the flowers arrive on Friday morning (my wedding was on Sunday) and my mom and I immediately cut the stems and placed them in water, per directions provided by Blooms by the Box. On Saturday morning, my mom, aunt, maid of honor and I DIYed away. My aunt is a flower genius, so she led the charge with the flowers.
We wired the roses using floral wire to keep the roses from falling as they opened up. Note: This was my aunt’s suggestion and something we hadn’t thought of doing until Saturday morning. Fortunately, my mom had a stash of floral wire that we used.
We started the centerpieces, by filling the (thrifted) vases with a few sprigs of Baby’s Breath and some Leather Leaf Fern.
We added 2-5 roses (depending on the vase size) and finished off the arrangements by filling in with more Baby’s Breath and more Leather Leaf Fern.
And, voila! We were finished. We did this for approximately 25 tables and it took us just about three hours (including clean-up). Check back for my post on the wedding to see how the flowers so beautifully accented the day and for some other ways we used the remaining product we didn’t use for the centerpieces.
Blooms by the Box was a pleasure to work with, and here are just a few reasons I would recommend them to brides like myself:
- The staff are friendly and helpful and willing to answer your questions about the products you’re interested in.
- They have a variety of products to choose from that really do meet any budget.
- Their blog is chock-full of great ideas.
- My flowers arrived exactly when expected and they were in great condition.
- They have great care guides for your flowers to make sure your flowers are in great condition for your event.
- Did I mention the flowers were BEAUTIFUL?
If you’re a bride on a budget with a love for fresh flowers, I’d say wholesale flowers might be a viable option for you. Blooms by the Box exceeded my needs, and because of them, I was able to have the reception decor I dreamed of.
*Blooms by the Box graciously gifted me $250 in product in exchange for a review. I spent approximately another $200 on product. All opinions about Blooms by the Box are entirely mine.