This post is part of a recurring series here on BSB – we share a wedding budget tip every Tuesday to help you save money on your wedding! You can also access all the wedding budget tips on a single page for your convenience and future reference. Today we're talking about how when you shop at thrift stores for wedding items, it can save you money!
Wedding Budget Tip #14:
Shop at thrift stores for wedding items!
One of my favorite sources for wedding decor is Thrift Stores.
When I was planning my own budget wedding, I scoured my local Goodwill and any other secondhand store I could find for jars, vases, and other decorative items to use for my wedding. I was able to collect about 50 milk glass vases, many of them under $1 each — so I really built up a great inventory without spending a ton of cash.
Other great items you can get for your wedding at thrift stores:
- this bride got her wedding shoes at a thrift store
- this bride got many of her wedding decor items at thrift stores
- books – if you want to plan a book-themed wedding, thrift stores are a great place to find cheap books to use!
- you can even purchase plain glass jars and paint them white to make them look like fancy milk glass
- plain tablecloths / linens
- buy dishes, china, and flatware at thrift stores for a vintage eclectic look!
- you could even get lucky and find your wedding dress at a thrift store!
Not only is shopping at Thrift Stores a great way to save money, it's also a key way to plan a thoughtful wedding. Consider your eco-footprint when purchasing items for your big day — doesn't it feel better to use something again, rather than wastefully buying something new?
But there are some even more amazing deals to be had, by shopping for used wedding decor online from other brides! And best of all, you can easily re-sell your wedding decor items yourself after your big day to recoup some of your cost.
So tell us: are you planning to shop at thrift stores for wedding items?
Leave a comment below and let us know!