Find the Perfect Hair and Makeup Artist for Your Wedding
Vetting vendors is one of the most challenging part of preparing for your wedding day and finding a hair [and/or] makeup artist can be one of the hardest. For this particular part of the day, the pricing structure is all over the place so finding out what the ‘right’ price is for your area depends largely on what specifics you are looking for from that service provider.
If you reach out to several vendors to request quotes, you may find the results are all over the place. Some beauty services price per service, while some price per hour. Some charge travel fees or onsite fees, while some don’t. As with many different areas of the wedding, you often get what you pay for when it comes to the level of service and expertise a vendor has.
Where to find wedding hair and makeup artists
One site that you can use to find vendors is Thumbtack. This site allows you to post your event details and request bids from vendors in their database who are available.
Questions to Ask a Potential Wedding Hair and Makeup Artist:
Asking the right questions from the get go will help you find the perfect hair and makeup artist to help you on your wedding day. Here are some questions worth asking:
- What do you charge for the Brides Hairstyle? Is that the same price for an up-do / half-up / down?
- Does that cost include a trial run? If not, how much is a trial?
- Do you also have the ability to do makeup? What does that cost per person?
- What brand of makeup do you use?
- Do you work on-site at our venue or at a separate location of your choosing?
- How much does it cost per person for bridesmaids hairstyles? Is that the same price whether it’s an up-do, half-up, or fully down?
- Do you work with anyone else, ie– assistants? How many people will be working with us on the day-of?
- Can you provide photos of your past hairdos/makeup looks?
- Can you provide a group rate for the entire bridal party?
Find the right hair and makeup artist for your wedding day
We hope this post has been helpful to you in identifying what you want in a hair and makeup artist for your big day!