Inexpensive Ways to Show Appreciation to Your Partner
If you’re tight on cash but still want to do something special to show your partner how much you love them, you’ll love this list of affordable ways to appreciate your partner, fiancé, or spouse!
Grand gestures from our significant others hold a special place in all of our hearts. Whether it be the moment our partner looked into our eyes and proposed or a special and memorable anniversary date, there are plenty of ways we say “I love you” to our partners by doing big things for them.
That said, the little things are just as important. Small gestures of love and appreciation can be just as meaningful. Additionally, they are also much more affordable to do on a regular basis, which can be helpful to both you and your partner’s wallet. But what kinds of small gestures would be best suited for your relationship (and your budget)?
If you’re looking to express your love for your fiancé or spouse without breaking the bank, here are a few inexpensive ways to show appreciation to your partner that will be well-received and cherished.
1. Find a Way to Put Together Your Own Gift Rather Than Purchasing One
Whether there’s a holiday or a special occasion coming up, chances are that you’re trying to figure out exactly what present to get them that will truly make them happy. What many partners may forget, however, is that gifts from the heart are often the most exciting to receive. Making the decision to come up with your own gift may make an even bigger impact on your partner than deciding to find a store-bought gift for them.
Some excellent examples of this include making a photo album filled with some of your favorite pictures and a handwritten letter, creating a host of baked goods and homemade pampering products that your partner could use at home, or even going the distance and making DIY goods your significant other may need around the house. You could even download an affordable printable gift from Etsy to surprise your partner with a tiny token of appreciation.
If it’s something crafted from the heart, your loved one is sure to love the gift that you come up with.
2. Take Care of Small Jobs When They’re Having a Bad Day or Need a Break
“I love you” is not something that is always expressed through gifts. Instead, we can express our love and gratitude for our partners by doing things that show we care and listen. Actions speak louder than words, especially when we want to demonstrate how we feel.
Next time your partner is having a bad or hectic day, go out of your way to take care of chores or other needs that have to be managed around the house or in your day-to-day life. This not only takes additional pressure off of them that they need to unwind but shows that you’re actively paying attention to what’s taking place in their lives and how they’re feeling.
Follow this up by sitting down with them and really listening to why they’re feeling stressed or rushed. Taking the time to do things for our partners and listen to them can be far better than any expensive gift you could give them!
3. Have an Intimate Date Night at Home
Getting dressed up and going out for dinner is certainly one way to show your appreciation for your spouse. However, finding the time and money for this may not always be possible. If this is true for you and your partner, don’t fret!
Having an at-home date night is just as great as going out to eat, if not better. Get into your comfiest clothing, whip up your spouse’s favorite dinner, and stay in to watch some of your favorite movies and TV shows that you may not have been able to watch in all the hustle and bustle of daily life.
As long as you and your spouse are taking the time to unwind, reconnect, and enjoy each other’s company, that’s all that matters!
4. Consider Renewing Your Vows With Your Spouse
Renewing your vows with your spouse (or, if you’re engaged, getting married for the first time) can be an amazing way to show your love and appreciation for them. However, the word wedding is often associated with exorbitance and luxury.
As it was with the previous suggestion, weddings are what you make of them! As long as you are able to express your love for your partner and do so in the presence of close friends and family, this is what’s most important. But how exactly does one go about conducting an affordable wedding ceremony? Here are a few great suggestions on how you can get started.
- Worried about spending too much money on the wedding itself? Seek out available wedding freebies or bargain dollar store decor finds that will be kind to your wallet.
- Dresses don’t have to be expensive to be fabulous. There are plenty of affordable dress options out there that will provide you with the quality you want at a price that is far more desirable than the average dress.
- Reach out to your friends to see how they saved money on their weddings. You may even want to seek advice online and find some great stories about affordable weddings and all of the planning and detail that went into them.
Remember, if there’s something you really want to do for your significant other but it seems a little too expensive at the moment, there are always tips you can use to work around cost and make it happen!
5. Purchase Them a Small Gift That Will Make Them Feel Special
Although grand gestures and large gifts can be exciting, small gifts that show our spouses we’re thinking about them will be welcomed with open arms. But like purchasing any gift, finding something that they’ll love may be difficult. Let’s take a look at a few ideas that might help you get inspired in your gift search.
- If your partner has a love for makeup, consider gifting them an item like that new brow pencil or highlighter they’ve been looking at. Even though this may seem like a small purchase, it can mean a lot to the right person.
- Is your spouse someone who likes home decor and taking care of projects around the house? If so, you could purchase them goods like custom lighting supplies to make their job a bit easier!
- Of course, there are some people who may be a bit more difficult to shop for. If this is the case, you could still buy them an electronic gift card to their favorite store or restaurant. Gift cards are an excellent gift to give as they tell someone you’re thinking about them and make it so that they get to decide what they spend their money on.
A small gift given to your spouse every now and then is a simple way to show your love for them!
Love doesn’t have to be expensive. However, finding the right way to say “I love you” in a more affordable manner may be difficult for couples who are used to grand gestures. If you want to show your love and appreciation for your fiancé or spouse without going over your budget, use the excellent suggestions provided in the guide above to gain some insight and inspiration!
- Etsy: 12 Gifts for Your Partner on Your Wedding Day
- 100 Handmade Gifts for Everyone In Your Wedding Party
📌 Pin This! 📌