Rent The Runway for Your Wedding!
Over the years, I’ve not been invited to any black-tie affairs, but the occasional wedding or event will require nicer attire than I currently keep on rotation in my closet. In these moments I’m faced with the budget savvy gal’s dilemma… do I splurge on an expensive dress I’ll likely only wear once? Do I purchase an expensive dress and try to wear it more than once to get my money’s worth? (hint: no- people always notice that stuff!) Do I borrow something? What happens if I spill on it or it gets torn? So many variables, so many stressors, and for this girl I just like to keep things simple, efficient, and budget savvy.
Where is this story going? Well, all the reasons above are why I am totes obsessed with Rent The Runway, and specifically their new PRO membership. RTR offers designer gowns that you can borrow at a fraction of the price of the real thing. I’m talking BIG NAME designer frocks like Badgley Mischka, Kate Spade, Reem Acra, Tibi, Herve Leger, Carolina Herrera and more! Who can actually afford to buy dresses like that? I know I can’t. So rent a dress from RTR and get the designer look for less!
My top 5 reasons I love Rent The Runway:
- Convenience. You go online, book a date, reserve your dress, and they ship it to you.
- Selection. They have thousands of styles and sizes to choose from!
- Value. Get the designer look for less!
- Fabulousness. Wearing amazing, well tailored clothes makes you FEEL like a million bucks, without spending it.
- Comparison. Their social comparison features allow you to view the dress on previous renters to get a better idea of how the dress could look on your particular body type! Totally amazing for a short waisted, busty gal like me!
Reasons to join Rent the Runway PRO:
- Great price: only $29.95 for the entire year
- Includes FREE SHIPPING on all rentals (normally about $10)
- Includes FREE INSURANCE on all rentals (in case of a spill, tear or broken zipper, you’re off the hook!)
- FREE birthday dress rental!
It totally pays for itself. I’m already dreaming up what I want to rent for my first NYC New Year’s Eve. Something sparkly, obviously!! Here’s just a few of the picks I’ve got my eye on- each of these sparkly dresses is $100 or less to rent! (click the image to view larger)
I mean, you could totally rock some of these gowns as your ACTUAL wedding dress. I started checking out the site for wedding-worthy options. You typically only wear your wedding dress once, so why not make it a completely amazing designer gown? Here are a few that I thought were perfection:
Just imagine wearing this incredible Reem Acra gown when you say “I do”…
Retail price of $3k, but you can rent it for $400! I’d say that’s pretty budget savvy if a designer gown is high on your priority list. If you peruse some of these wedding-worthy options you’ll notice photos of REAL brides who’ve used Rent the Runway gowns for their wedding dresses! I think it’s kind of amazing and I only wish it’d been around when I tied the knot!
If you’re in love with this idea like we are, please sign up for a Rent The Runway membership via our affiliate links and get to renting some designer duds on a budget. 😉
What do you think? Would you consider renting your wedding dress?
Favorite Wedding Dresses from BHLDN