Planning a wedding is exhausting. There is less than 3 months to go until my wedding, and I feel like every day there is something to freak out about: the cost, the guest list (which should be finalized but some people don’t realize that!), the DIYs, the logistics! When I think of the big picture and all there is left to do, I get exhausted!
Here are some thoughts I’ve had while trying to plan my budget wedding:
- Why did I decide to hand-fold approximately a billion paper flowers? Someone give me $500 so I can just buy my inspiration flowers on Etsy!
- Yes, mom, adding two extra people is the end of the world. Do you know how much extra money that is?!
- Who needs vendors—I can bake and take pictures and play music! Ok, maybe some vendors.
- How much is a grooms’ cake?!? We can share.
- I can totally make that myself!!! ….Hahahaha, nope.
- Wish you would have told me that you hated that idea about 6 months ago.
- Would anyone notice if I didn’t invite this whole list of people? I don’t think anyone actually talks to them anymore.
- These vases are $1 instead of $10? They’re perfect!
- Hmmm…will that go on sale soon?
- I’m just going to buy some wine and call my Maid of Honor. That’ll fix everything!
So what’s been on your mind while wedding planning?
Editor’s note: Due to the pandemic, some of the general wedding planning advice we share may not be applicable or possible due to restrictions on events. Please adhere to all current regulations and stay safe and healthy! Get more pandemic wedding resources here.