Wedding Productivity Hacks #VZWBuzz
Hey y’all! As you might remember, I am a part of the #VZWBuzz influencer program. So today I’m back with another post about how technology can help you in your life and wedding planning, thanks to my pals at Verizon Wireless! Today I’m talking about some Wedding Productivity Hacks that you can use with your SmartPhone!
Full disclosure: I’ve been a Verizon Wireless subscriber for the last 5 years or so. I’ve had a few different cell networks over the years and I’ve found Verizon to be the most reliable in the most locations.
It’s easy to drown in all the details of your wedding, from the planning stages to the big day itself. These productivity hacks will help you stay on top of things with a super simple tool that has countless applications and possibilities! I’m talking about IFTTT!
If you’re not already signed up for IFTTT, get to it! IFTTT stands for IF This Then That, and it’s an app / site that automates actions to make people’s lives MUCH easier, including brides and grooms deep in the throes of wedding planning.
You can use IFTTT to create “recipes” from a large number of connected apps and websites (they call them “channels”) to automate processes for you — saving you time and sanity. If time is money, IFTTT will basically save you money, too. 😉
Whether you’re looking to corral and save all your wedding photos, organize your wedding budget, or keep track of your RSVP list, IFTTT can be utilized to automatically take care of tedious tasks for you to free you up to focus on the important stuff.
A couple recipes that I personally love and use for the blog are:
This is one I personally love. I don’t have a great view of outside from my apartment, so IFTTT lets me know when it’s raining so I don’t forget my umbrella! Genius!
IFTTT syncs with TONS of different channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google Drive, DropBox, Pinterest, Spotify and more. You can set up recipes to send you texts, emails, create spreadsheets, set up playlists, and so much more. The options are pretty much limitless and the amount of time it’ll save you is astounding.
Awesome wedding hacks using IFTTT:
Some examples of what you can do with IFTTT for your wedding:
- Automatically download Facebook photos you are tagged in to Dropbox
- Backup new iOS Photos to Google Drive automatically so you don’t lose a single shot!
- Automatically save your wedding’s Instagram #Hashtag photos to Dropbox
- Add important wedding deadlines to Google Calendar
- Save photos of all your wedding receipts to keep up with your budget
- Automatically search eBay for the dress designer of your choice
- Share your wedding’s Instagram Hashtag photos on your Facebook profile
- Save wedding ideas (dresses, flatware, menus – anything!) to Evernote in one click
- Save pins from certain boards on Pinterest to a spreadsheet
- Automatically update your RSVP list when you receive an email with a “wedding” label
Best of all, you can sync your channels and create recipes right from your smart phone with the IF app by IFTTT! So whether you’re using an HTC One M8 or an Apple iPhone 6, you can create and save your favorite recipes and get to productivity hacking your life!
Get the IF app for your smartphone:
Do you use IFTTT? What are your favorite recipes?
Disclosure: I am a member of Verizon’s Influencer Team – #VZWBuzz. No additional compensation was provided nor did I promise a positive feedback. All opinions are my own.