Resources and Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
*This post contains affliate links. When you purchase items via our affiliate links, there is no additional cost to you, but The Budget Savvy Bride receives a small percentage of the sale as a thank you for making the introduction. You get a great product *and* you help support our website + the free resources that we share with our readers!
If you're interested in learning more about affiliate marketing for bloggers, you're in the right place. Affiliate marketing can be a great way to make some extra money from your blog. Below, I've rounded up a few resources and (affiliate) links to help get you started.
I'll be updating this list regularly with more resources and info for you – so bookmark it and check back often!
Want to start a blog?
If you don't yet have your own self-hosted blog or website with which to start affiliate marketing, I created a great tutorial to get you started. Check it out here:
Reliable Website Hosting
We recommend Bluehost for bloggers and website owners who are just starting out. It's reliable and affordable!
Affiliate Marketing Course
Want to get tons of great info about affiliate marketing all in one place? Check out this Affiliate Marketing Course from Michelle of Making Sense of Cents.
In her course, Michelle teaches you everything she's done to earn over $100k in a month from blogging and using affiliate marketing. It's seriously impressive, and well-worth the price of the course to learn her secrets.
Most affiliate programs are run through different affiliate networks. The ones below are the main ones I use:
- Commission Junction
- Affiliate Window
- Dedicated Media
- RewardStyle* (email me at [email protected] if you are interested in RewardStyle – I can submit a referral for you which could get you on the list faster.)
Specific Merchants I Recommend:
- Cricut – Apply here.
awesome cutting machines and craft tools
- Etsy – Join Affiliate Window to Apply.
all of the amazing products on Etsy – earn a commission!
- Craftsy – Join Now
online classes and tutorials for all manners of trades and crafts
- Download & Print – Join Now
awesome and simple printable wedding invitations
Paper + Photo Products
- Zazzle – Join Now
custom printed gifts, paper items and more!
- Canvas Pop – Join Now
custom photo canvases – turn photos into art!
- Blurb – Join Now
gorgeous custom books — anything from photos to self publishing
- Shutterfly / Tiny Prints / Wedding Paper Divas – Join Now
this program gives you access to several awesome brands of paper and gift products. Must-join!
- MixBook – Join Now
- ModCloth – Join Now
- Stella & Dot – Join Now
- Warby Parker – Join Now
- Hips and Curves – Join Now
- Miche – Join Now
- Dessy – Join Now
Favors + Gifts
Important Plugins for Affiliate Marketing
- Pretty Link – great plugin to auto add your affiliate links in every instance you use a term in your blog. I couldn't function without this plugin!!
- The FTC + Blogging – Webinar with Ashley Coombe
- Smart Passive Income – Great website with lots of info about making money online. Pat has a great section on affiliate marketing strategies.
- BourbonandSparkle.com – Christen Moynihan of TheBrokeAssBride.com – Christen offers affiliate marketing consulting for bloggers. You can find info about her services and rates on her website.
Influencer and Sponsored Post Networks:
Another way to earn money with your blog is by accepting sponsored posts and custom content opportunities. There are several networks out there that allow you to use your blog as a platform to create and promote content in partnership with brands. Here are a few that we use and recommend:
Social Media Scheduling
- CoSchedule – I could not be more obsessed with CoSchedule. It allows you to schedule your social media updates at the same time you schedule your blog posts. The easiest promotion method to craft individual, custom promotion across your social networks. It's seriously a game-changer, y'all. Read my full CoSchedule review.
- Later – Lateran app sends you a push notification when your Instagram post is scheduled to go live but what I love about it is that you can use it as a way to drive traffic either to your blog or to an affiliate link. Super awesome! I like that I can preview your feed as you schedule! Sign up for Later here.
- BoardBooster – This app is a total game-changer when it comes to Pinterest marketing. You can set it up to do lots of cool things automatically. Once you have it set up, it can run so much of your Pinterest marketing for you. Definitely worth trying out! Sign up for BoardBooster here.
- Tailwind – This is another Pinterest Scheduler that I highly recommend. You can schedule pins, join tribes of users with similar content, and promote your own content within the Tailwind app network. It's an awesome tool for any blogger that is looking to drive more traffic to their website. Check out Tailwind here.
- MailChimp – Set up a subscription of your blog feed for your readers, or send custom newsletters. Mailchimp is super easy to use, and is free up to 2,000 subscribers, so it's great to get you started.
Other handy tools for bloggers
Accounting and invoicing software
Grammar and editing software