All the best tools, tips, and resources for professional bloggers.
If you're interested in learning more about affiliate marketing for bloggers, you're in the right place. Affiliate marketing can be a great way to make some extra money from your blog. Below, I've rounded up a few resources and (affiliate) links to help get you started.
I'll be updating this list regularly with more resources and info for you – so bookmark it and check back often!
In this post we cover:
- Starting a blog
- Hosting Providers
- Affiliate Marketing Basics
- Which Affiliate Networks to Join
- Recommended Merchant Programs
- Plugins and Apps for Affiliates
- Social Media Scheduling Tools
- Must-read resources for bloggers
Want to start a blog?
If you don't yet have your own self-hosted blog or website with which to start affiliate marketing, I created a great tutorial to get you started. Check it out here:
Reliable Website Hosting
We recommend Bluehost for bloggers and website owners who are just starting out. It's reliable and affordable!
Learn about Affiliate Marketing
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – In this course, Michelle from Making Sense of Cents teaches you everything she's done to earn over $100k in a month from blogging using affiliate marketing. It's seriously impressive, and well-worth the price of the course to learn her secrets.
- Smart Passive Income – The go-to website about making money online. Pat Flynn is a big name in the affiliate space and has a whole section of his website dedicated to affiliate marketing strategies.
- BourbonandSparkle.com – Christen Moynihan of TheBrokeAssBride.com – Christen offers affiliate marketing consulting for bloggers. You can find info about her services and rates on her website.
Most affiliate programs are run through different affiliate networks. The ones below are the main ones I use:
- Commission Junction
- Dedicated Media
- RewardStyle* (email me at email@example.com if you are interested in RewardStyle – I can submit a referral for you which could get you on the list faster.)
Once you've joined all these different platforms, connecting with merchants and start earning commissions, you should definitely use myDash to keep track of all your conversions and earnings in one easy dashboard. Talk about a game-changer.
Specific Merchants I Recommend:
- Cricut – Apply here.
awesome cutting machines and craft tools
- Etsy – Join AWin to Apply.
all of the amazing products on Etsy – earn a commission!
- Craftsy – Join Now
online classes and tutorials for all manners of trades and crafts
- Download & Print – Join Now
awesome and simple printable wedding invitations
Paper + Photo Products
- Zazzle – Join Now
custom printed gifts, paper items and more!
- Canvas Pop – Join Now
custom photo canvases – turn photos into art!
- Blurb – Join Now
gorgeous custom books — anything from photos to self publishing
- Shutterfly – Join Now
this program gives you access to several awesome brands of paper and gift products. Must-join!
- MixBook – Join Now
- ModCloth – Join Now
- Stella & Dot – Join Now
- Warby Parker – Join Now
- Hips and Curves – Join Now
- Miche – Join Now
- Dessy – Join Now
Favors + Gifts
Important Plugins for Affiliate Marketing
- Pretty Link – great plugin to auto add your affiliate links in every instance you use a term in your blog. I couldn't function without this plugin!!
Influencer and Sponsored Post Networks:
Another way to earn money with your blog is by accepting sponsored posts and custom content opportunities. There are several networks out there that allow you to use your blog as a platform to create and promote content in partnership with brands. Here are a few that we use and recommend:
Social Media Scheduling
- CoSchedule – I could not be more obsessed with CoSchedule. It allows you to schedule your social media updates at the same time you schedule your blog posts. The easiest promotion method to craft individual, custom promotion across your social networks. It's seriously a game-changer, y'all. Read my full CoSchedule review.
- Later – Lateran app sends you a push notification when your Instagram post is scheduled to go live but what I love about it is that you can use it as a way to drive traffic either to your blog or to an affiliate link. Super awesome! I like that I can preview your feed as you schedule! Sign up for Later here.
- Tailwind – This is another Pinterest Scheduler that I highly recommend. You can schedule pins, join tribes of users with similar content, and promote your own content within the Tailwind app network. It's an awesome tool for any blogger that is looking to drive more traffic to their website. Check out Tailwind here.
- MailChimp – Set up a subscription of your blog feed for your readers, or send custom newsletters. Mailchimp is super easy to use, and is free up to 2,000 subscribers, so it's great to get you started.