Intimate Wedding Inspiration: Have a Luxe Wedding for Less
Pandemic or not, one surefire way to have a luxurious wedding on a budget is to keep your invite list short and sweet. Check out this gorgeous luxe intimate wedding inspiration shoot to inspire your own tiny wedding!
There is truly nothing like trying to plan a wedding during a pandemic. Shoutout to our 2020 brides. This year has been B-A-N-A-N-A-S. ?
If you find yourself wanting to throw everything out the window, take a deep breath, and remember why you’re planning a wedding in the first place. You found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. So either you can react to this unique challenge in one of a few ways…
- A) What’s the rush? Let’s push all the plans back a year.
- B) This has really put what matters in focus for me. Let’s just do the damn thing!
- C) Let’s have our (wedding) cake and eat it, too! We’ll have a microwedding with a big party later.
Putting Together an Intimate Wedding
Maybe you’ve become totally overwhelmed with all the planning and pivots, and decide to go with option B. Obviously, you’ll want a small and safe celebration following all social distancing measures and precautions for you and your shortlist of guests.
If at the end of this emotional rollercoaster of planning, you just want to show up and have the best day of your lives, we recommend finding an elopement service such as The Lovely Elopement. Especially if you are working with an accelerated timeline, a team of pros will help you put together something beautiful without the stress of planning it all yourself.
Determine your must-have’s and let all the remaining elements fall into place around those key elements. Often times the venue will be the most important piece of the puzzle. If you don’t have enough space in your backyard to host people, you’ll likely want to rent a venue.
What to look for in an intimate wedding venue
Look for something private.
This styled elopement shoot took place at The Parsonage in Charleston. It works well for a microwedding because it’s a private venue.
Look for something with a backup/rain plan.
Hosting an event in the Charleston summer heat is not easy, especially navigating pop-up rain showers. The Parsonage offers ample shade in their secret garden and courtyard, which is always a perk for an outdoor affair. Regarding pop-up showers, the elegant home boast space for a rain contingency plan, in addition to beautiful backup ceremony locations on the covered piazzas. No tent is needed to supply shade or fend off the rain, also creating a huge money saving advantage!
Look for something with onsite accommodations.
We are BIG fans of the wedding weekend trend, and elopements and micro weddings really make the wedding weekend extra special and easier to plan. Having The Parsonage or a similar venue for the duration of the weekend opens up opportunities to really connect with wedding guests and create priceless memories.
Look for something that already has furniture and decor included.
The Parsonage offers stunning furniture that can be utilized as rentals, which can be a great money saver. You get the feel of an “all-inclusive” venue, without the additional expense or restrictions/requirements imposed on by more traditional all-inclusive packages. Having an amazing venue that provides such versatility is an expense worth paying for.
Perks of Having an Intimate Wedding
There are so many benefits to using a private residental venue, hosting a full wedding weekend, and having onsite accommodations for you and your guests.
- You are surrounded by your loved ones in a comfortable atmosphere.
- Utilizing in-house rentals saves money, and they can be repurposed for the weekend itinerary.
- Wedding weekends eliminate awkwardness, build relationships, create lasting memories, and leaves everyone feeling included and special.
- Onsite accommodations open the opportunity for guests to contribute to their stay, and offset the cost.
- Communal areas, such as a kitchen, open up opportunities for guests to contribute to rehearsal dinner or farewell brunch offerings.
- In order to cut costs, you can use silk floral arrangements like the ones pictured from Wedding Flowers for Rent. They make a big statement at a fraction of the cost!
We hope you’ve found this styled intimate wedding shoot inspiring for your own microwedding, elopement, or minimony!
Planning: The Lovely Elopement, Virtually Wed | Venue: The Parsonage | Photography: Epitome of Grace | Floral: Wedding Flowers for Rent | Rentals: Ruths House Rentals | Napkins: Nuage Designs | Cake: Delicious Desserts | Invitations: Tiny Shindigs | Dress: Verita Bridal