How to Make a DIY Bridesmaid Proposal Scrapbook
Tips and suggestions for how to make a DIY Bridesmaid Proposal Scrapbook to ask your besties to be your bridesmaids, including cute poems!
Previously, I hosted some wedding DIY craft workshops at the Fujifilm Wonder Photo Shop in NYC! Their store (which has unfortunately closed) had so many great offerings for you to create a meaningful gift or project, using your very own memories captured with a camera or even your smartphone!
For the workshops, I crafted up some simple projects with Fujifilm products that would be great to incorporate into your wedding. In case you missed out, I thought I’d share some of my ideas here with you!
A Crafty Bridesmaids Proposal Idea
So today I want to show you how to create a simple DIY bridesmaid proposal scrapbook that anyone would say yes to. For the project I did at the craft class, I used products that were available in the shop to craft my DIY bridesmaid proposal scrapbook. They had tons of photo books, frames, washi tape, and other products to personalize your gifts!
I used their in-store photo kiosks to go through my smartphone and picked out dozens of photos to print out to use for my scrapbook! Then, I pulled out some of my favorite photos of me and my friends to print and use to craft my scrapbook!
I also printed some of my favorite texture photos, flower photos, street art, and scenery photos to use as accents in my designs. Scrapbooking is all about using things creatively — but you don’t have to be a Crafty Cathy to make a cute keepsake for your bestie!
I was so impressed with the print quality of the photos from the Fujifilm Wonder Photo Shop, and I especially loved working with their 4×4 square photos for these projects, since they translate perfectly for photos from Instagram! Here’s a peek at a page I created at the craft class:
Tips for making a DIY Bridesmaid Proposal Scrapbook
- Print Photos of you and your besties! From your phone or from your camera, using the kiosks at the FujiFilm Wonder Photo Shop!
- Print photos of other pretty stuff to use in your designs. Print photos you’ve taken of flowers, textures, water, places you’ve been with your besties, etc. You’ll want a good variety of photos to use in your designs!
- Make sure to have good adhesives on hand. I love tape runners for scrapbooking because they are so convenient and easy to use!
- Get a cute book for your scrapbook! It can be plain, you can just decorate the cover, too!
- Add embellishments. Try using different patterned Washi Tapes, Patterned Papers, and stickers to add details to your designs.
- Get creative with layers. Utilize stamps/craft punches/patterned scissors to add layers and details to your scrapbook!
- Add storage. Create a “pocket” in your scrapbook by gluing or taping a piece of paper on only 3 sides. Then you can store extra photos inside it!
- Keep it coordinated. Stick to a theme or let each page take on its own life! Pull out colors from the photos on each page and incorporate them into the design through paper, markers, or stickers!
- Spread things out. Have some pages that are photo-heavy and others that you use to incorporate some of your handwriting, like a special note or sentiment.
- Make it personal. Include a bridesmaids proposal poem or a personal handwritten note asking your bestie to stand beside you on your big day. Add this adorable box when you gift it.
Bridesmaid Proposal Poem Ideas:
I don’t have a date set, and I’m not sure where, but I do know for sure that I want you there! Will you be my bridesmaid?
I’ve got something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue… I’ve got my groom, and my ring, now what I really need is YOU! Will you be my bridesmaid?
You’re my Best Friend and I love you, will you stand by me on the day I say I do?
Found my man, got the ring, now I need just one more thing… Will you be my bridesmaid?
Photo Table Number Idea
A couple of the other projects we made at the craft class included table numbers! I love the idea of using crafty table numbers at your rehearsal dinner, for a more casual and personal detail. To make these cute table numbers, I used a photo of me and my hubby, paired with some kraft paper, washi tape, and stickers, and then I wrote the table number on the top. I chose washi tape and stickers in colors that complimented my photo for a cohesive design! Such a simple and cute table number for a casual rehearsal dinner or engagement party!
Another cute idea would be to make a DIY Photobooth / Guestbook Table! Have your guests take photos with an Instax camera (you can pick one up at the Fujifilm Wonder Photo Shop!) and then display the photos in a frame with clothespins! So cute!
Then, once the photos are all developed and dry, they can add them to a blank scrapbook and leave a note with their message as a guestbook!
So cute right? I hope these ideas inspire you to get a little crafty and creative with photo projects from Fujifilm and the Wonder Photo Shop!
This post is brought to you by Fujifilm Wonder Photo Shop. The content and opinions expressed below are that of The Budget Savvy Bride.