What was your budget? Please give us a breakdown of how you spent your budget.
- Food/Plates/Napkins/Silverware/Servers: $6,255.65
- Photography: $1,100
- Dress/Veil: $1,000
- Suit: We got his suit at an outlet mall for around $100
- Portable Restroom: $900
- Tent/Chairs/Tables/Linens/Lighting/Heaters: $4,200
- Stamps/Invitations/Thank You Notes/Save the Dates: Around $1,000
- My Shoes: I bought some Betsy Johnson shoes off of Amazon for less than $50 and he already had his
- Cake/Cupcakes: Provided by my Mother In-law
- 2 Kegs of Beer and some wine bottles: Provided by my In-laws
- My Ring: I used an old ring of my mother’s
- His Ring: We bought it off Etsy for less than $100
- Bridesmaid Gifts: Hair & Nails (around $1,000)
- Groomsman Gifts: Custom Flasks, Tie’s & Suspenders (less than $500)
- Valet Parking: Less than $1,000
- Ceremony: My brother performed it for free
- Venue: His grandparents’ backyard for free
- Music: My mom’s friends DJ’d for free
- Ceremony Seating: His boss provided hay bales for free but we had to load them, set them out, and then load them back up to return them.
- Décor: His grandmother decorated everything for free. She both already had a bunch of it and purchased everything that she used.
Total: Approximately $17,000
How many guests did you have?
We had 220 guests.
What creative or personal aspects did you include in your wedding?
We both wrote our own vows to each other to read and had my brother perform the ceremony.
Did you do any DIY projects or create any handmade items for your weddings?
My husband’s grandmother made all of our centerpiece boxes and flower arrangements (including my flower crown and bouquets). She was a lifesaver!
What was the biggest thing you did to save money?
What’s the best advice you have for planning your wedding now that you’re on the other side?
Be unified no matter what. Sometimes it’s hard to plan a wedding because you’re merging two different families’ values and traditions. Everyone has an idea of what you “should” do. But if you and your fiancé stick together, support each other, and communicate well you can make it through it and ultimately enjoy your day.
What was your biggest splurge?
The biggest splurge was actually on my bridesmaids. I couldn’t think what to get all 8 of them that they would all actually like/put to use, so I treated everyone to hair and nails so they wouldn’t have to stress the day of and would feel their best.
What was your favorite detail?
My flower crown. I just loved it and was so sad when I had to take it off at the end of the night to go to bed.
What is the most memorable moment of your day?
The ceremony itself. My brother did such a great job and seeing Scotty crying while I walked down the aisle just topped it all off. It was the best part for sure, everything else was a blur.
Photography: We Choose the Moon Photography • Ceremony Venue: Private Residence • Reception Venue: Private Residence • Flowers: Grandmother of the Groom • Stationery: Vista Print • Catering: MozzaPi • Bakery: Mother of the Groom • Rentals: Reliable Rentals • DJ: Family Friend • Transportation: Denny’s Valet • Hair Stylist: Jordan Wagner • Makeup Artist: Bride • Cake Topper: Family Heirloom • Nails: Venetian Nails • Wedding Gown Designer: Consignment Dress, the tag was cut out so we’ll never know… • Bridal Salon or Shop: A Class Act Consignment Shop • Jewelry: Etsy • Veil / Headpiece: A Class Act Consignment Shop • Shoes: Betsy Johnson • Ties: Kohl’s