Wedding Budget Tip #20: Craft a Signature Cocktail for Your Wedding
This post is part of a recurring series here on BSB where we share wedding budget tips to help you save money on your wedding! You can access all the wedding budget tips on a single page for your convenience and future reference. Today's tip is all about one of my favorite topics — cocktails! Are you serving a signature cocktail at your wedding?
Wedding Budget Tip #20:
Craft a signature cocktail for your wedding!
We all know by now that one of the biggest expenses for the wedding reception is the bar. There is always the option to have a dry wedding if your funds are really tight. But if you're looking for a way to toast your guests for less– a signature cocktail is a good solution.
By limiting the amount and varieties of liquor you serve, you'll cut down on the extra expense of having a more fully stocked bar. Of course, it is normal for couples to serve wine and beer along with their signature cocktail in order to provide their guests with at least a few options to choose from, but the extra detail of a signature cocktail adds a nice touch.
Some of our favorite wedding blogs feature signature cocktail recipes that are definitely worth checking out. Here are a few of our favorites:
Signature Cocktail Ideas for Weddings:
- This Lavender Lemonade Cocktail would be great for a summer garden wedding!
- The Dark & Bubbly is a wonderful option for a festive winter wedding!
- This Fall Harvest Punch seems like a fab drink to serve at an autumn wedding!
- The Something Turquoise makes a perfect splash for your spring wedding!
Another favorite source for cocktail recipes is Something Turquoise!
- We love this simple Raspberry Sparkler for any season!
- This Spiked Apple Cider is sure to warm you up at a chilly fall wedding!
- This Black Berry-Rita sounds fabulous and summer wedding appropriate!
- Who doesn't love a little something special in their coffee? Love this Kahlua Creme Soda recipe.
Be sure to check out all the fab options for signature drinks on these fantastic blogs! Of course, it is up to you to decide on the quality of liquor to serve in your signature drinks, so if you choose a budget brand that could be another way to save money. However, if you're serving just one or two signature cocktails I think it's nice to splurge on the good stuff in order to offer a really nice option for your guests to enjoy.
Check out some of our favorite cocktails we've shared here on The Budget Savvy Bride: