Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
Episode 30 of The Bouquet Toss is all about disrupting the traditional wedding registry. Who actually uses fine china anymore, anyway? Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
This episode is sponsored by Honeyfund. Click the link to sign up and get a FREE upgrade to an elite account!
Disrupting The Traditional Wedding Registry
Gone are the days of registering for crystal vases. Today’s couples are much more likely to put a grill, large appliances, or even honeymoon expenses on their registry than they are to put fine china or serving ware. This type of option is often called a cash registry, and it gives the couples a lot more flexibility in how they can use their wedding gifts! Why has this shift happened? And how do more traditional family members or wedding guests feel about it? With us to discuss is Sara Margolis, CEO of Honeyfund!
About Sara Margulis of Honeyfund:
Sara is the founder and CEO of Honeyfund the original honeymoon registry service. Sara’s winning appearance on Shark Tank in 2014 and partnership with Kevin O’Leary (‘Mr. Wonderful’) propelled her into various media outlets, both national and international. She’s regularly sought out as an expert on everything from weddings and honeymoons, crowdfunding, personal finance, entrepreneurship, and women in business.
These days, Sara is ushering the company into its next phase as a life-long funding site where couples can receive the support of friends and family for all of life’s milestones and mishaps.
- Honeyfund Instagram
- Website: Honeyfund.com
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About Honeyfund + Hilton Partnership
Today, Honeyfund, the #1 honeymoon and universal gift registry site, and Hilton are making it official with a new partnership, streamlining the experience for couples to fund their dream wedding and/or honeymoon. With Honeyfund and Hilton, couples’ funds will go farther, allowing them to Take the Honey and Run from all their cares and enjoy the best wedding and honeymoon possible.
Couples using Honeyfund for their Hilton destination wedding or honeymoon will receive the following exclusive benefits: a room upgrade for the couple (when their wedding is hosted at the Conrad Tulum, Waldorf Astoria Cancun, Conrad Punta de Mita, or Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort properties*), a Honeyfund Elite account upgrade ($29 value), and access to giveaways and promotions featuring extra honeymoon funds, free wedding ceremonies (where available) and more.
To debut the partnership, Hilton and Honeyfund are hosting a sweepstakes for five nights at the beachfront Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort, where the winner will enjoy an Ocean Front Master Suite, plus all meals and beverages. It offers a picturesque private beach, two glistening pools, a spa, a fitness center, and dozens of craft cocktail bars and specialty restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. It also boasts a variety of activities to keep guests active during their stay including hiking, cycling, and yoga on the beach.
“2020 was a trying time for couples,” said Sara Margulis, CEO, and co-founder of Honeyfund. “Hundreds of thousands of couples postponed their weddings and honeymoons, sometimes more than once. This partnership and sweepstakes will allow weary wedding couples to finally go forward with that dream destination wedding — and take the honeymoon they deserve.”
Hilton boasts a rapidly expanding resorts portfolio in premier destinations, including the Caribbean, French Polynesia, Hawaii, and Mexico, some of the top honeymoon destinations, according to Honeyfund. Hilton offers a host of resort amenities, activities, and iconic accommodations and service. In addition to exotic resorts, couples can use their funds at any Hilton property around the world, allowing for a personalized and memorable experience during this exciting chapter in their lives.
Visit Hilton.com/Honeyfund and travel.hilton.com/weddings for more information, and click here to enter the Take the Honey and Run honeymoon sweepstakes.
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
This podcast is brought to you by TheBudgetSavvyBride.com and is hosted by the founder, Jessica Bishop, and real weddings editor Sari Weinerman. Subscribe on Apple or Spotify today!
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips
- Episode 57: Why Prenuptial Agreements are so Savvy
- Episode 58: How to Hack Your Honeymoon and Earn ROI on Your Wedding Spending
- Episode 59: Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
- Episode 60: Wedding Day Hair with Joseph Maine
- Episode 61: Wedding Planning as the Groom and why it’s “Worth It” with Ryan Cabrera!!!