Episode 38: Disrupting The "Best Day of Your Life" Trope
Episode 38 of The Bouquet Toss is all about disrupting the trope that your wedding day is the single best day of your life. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
This episode is sponsored by BrideBrite! Make sure to listen to the episode for a special offer!
Listen to Episode #38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope with Erica from BrideBrite!
Let’s toss out the pressure that comes with the idea that your wedding has to be the best day of your life! Couples have been getting very creative, especially during these last two years, with spreading out their wedding events over multiple locations, months, and even years. While much of this came about out of necessity and dealing with travel restrictions and other limitations, it is actually a really cool trend that helps lengthen your wedding celebration and take the pressure off of just one day.
Our guest for this episode is Erica Halpern, and at the time of recording she was just 8 days away from saying “I Do!” We were so excited to get her perspective as a bride having planned her wedding during the pandemic and to try to dissect this trope that your wedding day has the be the best day of your life.
About Erica of BrideBrite
Erica Halpern is the founder of BrideBrite. Teeth whitening is important to her, after all, she married a dentist! When preparing for their original May 2020 wedding, Erica was struggling to find a sensitivity-free yet effective teeth whitening solution for the big day. She and her now-hubby had the perfect opportunity to solve a problem many brides face: getting that perfect white smile without causing pain to the teeth or breaking the bank! Erica was born in Atlanta, GA and now lives in Nashville, TN with her husband.
Follow Erica + BrideBrite!
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips