Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
Episode 29 of The Bouquet Toss is all about disrupting the tradition of forcing your bridesmaids to buy and wear expensive dresses in your wedding. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
Why are Bridesmaids Dresses so Expensive? Don’t force your besties to take part in this pricey tradition. Seek a savvy alternative like Birdy Grey!
Today we are disrupting the expensive bridesmaid dress tradition. Somewhere along the line, it became a universally accepted truth that being asked to be a bridesmaid for a friend’s wedding meant dropping a ton of money on a dress you’d never wear again, AND on all of the pre-wedding activities too.
Why did we all become obsessed with our friends being clones to get some pretty pictures? And more importantly, why did achieving this look get so expensive? With us to discuss how to do it the savvy way is Grace Lee, founder & CEO of Birdy Grey.
This episode is sponsored by Vow’d Weddings.
About Grace Lee of Birdy Grey:
Grace Lee is the founder & CEO of Birdy Grey, a direct-to-consumer bridal brand on a mission to change the way women shop for their weddings. A longtime veteran in fashion and beauty, Grace began her career at InStyle Magazine as a writer & reporter. She has also worked for Kate Spade, Kate Somerville and Stila Cosmetics, where she managed copy, social media, and digital content, helping bring an editorial voice to each brand.
Having been a bridesmaid six times herself, she personally knew how fun (but damn expensive) being a bridesmaid could be. She saw an opportunity for aspirational bridesmaid dresses at affordable prices, and so Birdy Grey was born. Based in Los Angeles, Grace combines her expertise in fashion with her love for digital storytelling and all-things bridal to make Birdy Grey the one of fastest-growing bridal brands today.
Follow Birdy Grey:
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy