Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
Episode 35 of The Bouquet Toss is all about *renting* your wedding dress instead of buying new something you’ll only wear once! Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
This episode is sponsored by Something Borrowed Blooms
Listen to Episode #35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
Wedding dress rental is a trend that might shock your mother or grandmother, but that we are so on board for. Renting most often allows you to get what would have been an entirely more expensive dress for a fraction of the price. Why pay that extra money just to have your stunning dress sit in an attic and collect dust? Learn why renting your wedding dress is an amazing way to cut down on waste and still achieve the wedding look of your dreams in this conversation with Lundyn Carter, CEO & Co-founder of Laine London.
About Lundyn Carter of Laine London
Lundyn Carter is the CEO & Co-founder of Laine London, a first-of-its-kind bridal shop upending the wedding dress experience by providing chic, high-end wedding dresses for rent vs. purchase. Under Lundyn’s leadership, Laine London has secured partnerships and capital from companies such as Google, Facebook, Verizon, American Express, and SAP. Lundyn began her unique path towards entrepreneurship at Flagler College, earning her BA in both Political Science & Communications in 2006. She earned her MBA from Emory University with a dual concentration in Business Leadership & Strategy in 2017. Lundyn enjoys cooking, traveling with her husband, listening to live music, and relaxing with a good book (preferably on a beach!)
Follow Laine London:
- Website: LaineLondon.com
- Instagram: @laine_london
- Pinterest: @laine_london
- TikTok: @LaineLondon
- Youtube: Laine London
- Facebook: Laine London
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips