Episode 59: Why You Shouldn't "Toss" Pre-Marital Counseling
Episode 59 of The Bouquet Toss Podcast is all about the importance of Pre-Marital Counseling to set yourself up for a successful marriage! Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #59: Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
This week we are taking a look at wedding planning with a psychological twist. After all, a wedding is about so much more than what color flowers you choose or whether or not you wear a veil.
A wedding is a celebration of your marriage. And while the terms wedding and marriage are often used interchangeably, they actually describe two very different things. Therefore, not only do couples need to navigate wedding planning, but marriage planning as well.
With us to dig deeper into this idea is Annabelle Seife, Ph.D. Annabelle is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist at Therapists of New York and the Founder of Before the Leap, a fun and interactive premarital workshop where couples learn and practice the skills needed for happy, lasting relationships.
About Dr. Annabelle Seife
Dr. Annabelle Seife, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and the founder of Before the Leap, a workshop for couples entering the next phase of their relationship. She specializes in couples therapy at Therapists of New York, a group practice in midtown Manhattan, where she sees individuals and couples for therapy and co-leads the couples therapy training track. In addition to her clinical work, Annabelle has conducted original research on romantic relationships, attachment, and sexuality. Her next workshop will be held in New York City in the fall of 2022.
- Before the Leap
- Therapists of New York
- @b4theleap on Instagram
Follow The Budget Savvy Bride elsewhere:
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
This podcast is brought to you by TheBudgetSavvyBride.com and is hosted by the founder, Jessica Bishop, and real weddings editor Sari Weinerman. Subscribe on Apple or Spotify today!
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips
- Episode 57: Why Prenuptial Agreements are so Savvy
- Episode 58: How to Hack Your Honeymoon and Earn ROI on Your Wedding Spending
- Episode 59: Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
- Episode 60: Wedding Day Hair with Joseph Maine
- Episode 61: Wedding Planning as the Groom and why it’s “Worth It” with Ryan Cabrera!!!