Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
Episode 40 of The Bouquet Toss is all about destigmatizing couples therapy and doing the work on your relationship as you prepare for marriage. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
Marriage requires skills. It is a partnership that is ever-changing and growing and requires certain strengths in both partners to be the most successful. Having a third party provide outside feedback and resources, is a really powerful way to strengthen your relationship at any stage, but especially in a marriage. Pop culture and movies often put a negative spin on couples therapy, because it is seen as a sign of defeat, or that the end is near, when in fact, it can be used from the start of the relationship to ensure communication and boundaries are where they need to be! Hear from Krystal Mazzola, couples therapist, about the benefits you can receive from couples therapy!
Her most recent course, “Confidently Authentic: Stop People Pleasing & Start Being True to Yourself,” is available now.
Take 20% off with code SAVVY20!
About Krystal Mazzola of Healthy Relationship Foundation
Krystal Mazzola is a licensed marriage and family therapist, who has been practicing for over a decade. She is also the best-selling author of The Codependency Recovery Plan: A 5-Step Guide to Understand, Accept and Break Free from the Codependent Cycle and The Codependency Workbook: Simple Practices for Developing and Maintaining Your Independence. Krystal is passionate about providing women with the tools to heal from self-esteem & relationship issues through her therapy, books, and online courses. Her most recent course, “Confidently Authentic: Stop People Pleasing & Start Being True to Yourself,” is available now. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and their cat. When she’s not working or with her loved ones, you can usually find her reading outside, planning her next vacation, or journaling.
- Website: Healthy Relationship Foundation
- Instagram: Krystal Mazzola
- Course: Confidently Authentic: Stop People Pleasing & Start Being True to Yourself
- Get her book: The Codependency Recovery Plan: A 5-Step Guide to Understand, Accept, and Break Free from the Codependent Cycle
- Workbook: The Codependency Workbook: Simple Practices for Developing and Maintaining Your Independence
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy