Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
Episode 33 of The Bouquet Toss is dedicated to supporting VOW for Girls to help end child marriage. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #33: Ending Child Marriage with VOW for Girls
Ending Child Marriage with VOW for Girls
Obviously, we know that wedding planning in a COVID world has been incredibly stressful. With dates shifting and plans getting rescheduled or cancelled — couples today are dealing with lots of additional stressors while putting together their wedding plans.
It can be easy to get caught up in stress, anxiety, and worry, and while it’s 1000% normal and perfectly okay to be disappointed about things not going the way you’d hoped or wanted, it’s always important to keep things in perspective. For one thing, brides today, especially in America, have the immense privilege of getting to choose who they marry, when they marry, and to marry for love. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for all women and girls around the globe. Did you know that every 3 seconds, a girl somewhere in the world is forced to marry?
About VOW for Girls:
VOW for Girls is a growing global movement that partners with brands, individuals, and the wedding industry to end the international child marriage crisis.
Count to three. 1…2…3… A child just became a bride. Twelve million girls a year, some as young as 8, become child brides. VOW sees a world where no child is ever a bride, and every girl has the chance to live a life she loves.
By raising funds and awareness, together, we can end child marriage in our lifetime. 100% of the funds we raise are invested in effective but underfunded local efforts that advance girls’ rights by providing education, job training, and vital life skills, so girls can own their futures. VOW for Girls is a vow for the future.
Support the cause by joining our fundraiser for VOW for Girls
Let’s help end child marriage so every girl and woman can make her own plans and get married on her own terms!
About Clay Dunn, CEO of VOW for Girls:
Clay Dunn joined VOW for Girls in 2019 as the organization’s first Chief Executive Officer. Prior to VOW, Clay spent nearly a decade at Share Our Strength where he was part of the founding team for the No Kid Hungry campaign, which has raised more than a half-billion dollars to end childhood hunger. Prior to joining Share Our Strength, Clay held roles with National Geographic, consulted with Walt Disney Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment, and served as an Urban Fellow with the City of New York.
Follow VOW for Girls:
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 1: The Bouquet Toss
- Episode 2: The White Dress
- Episode 3: The Bridal Party
- Episode 4: The Diamond Engagement Ring
- Episode 5: The Wedding Dances
- Episode 6: The Wedding Cake
- Episode 7: Old, New, Borrowed, & Blue
- Episode 8: The Wedding Veil
- Episode 9: The Unity Candle
- Episode 10: The Honeymoon
- Episode 11: The Speeches
- Episode 12: Giving the Bride Away
- Episode 13: The Send Off
- Episode 14: Season 1 Bonus
- Episode 15: Wedding Loans
- Episode 16: Wedding Lighting Trends
- Episode 17: Sustainable Weddings
- Episode 18: Livestreaming Your Wedding
- Episode 19: Wedding Beauty Trends
- Episode 20: The Rise of Elopements
- Episode 21: The Wedding Rental Revolution
- Episode 22: Pressed Flower Details
- Episode 23: Epic Wedding Photography
- Episode 24: Alternative Wedding Style
- Episode 25: Wedding Dessert Trends
- Episode 26: Personalized Wedding Vows
- Episode 27: Making New Wedding Trends
- Episode 28: From Budget to SAVVY
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry