Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
Episode 39 of The Bouquet Toss is all about disrupting the exclusion of disabled couples within the wedding industry. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
This episode of The Bouquet Toss is Sponsored by Flower Moxie!
Gorgeous wedding flowers on a budget!
Flower Moxie is a DIY flower company that ships all over the US. They sell GORGEOUS wholesale flowers that you arrange yourself with the help of their handy flower recipes! Check out Flower Moxie today to start your DIY wedding flower adventure!
Listen to Episode #39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
Disabled people make up 20 to 30% of the US population and 50% of people suffer from chronic pain, which makes wedding planning a particularly painstaking process for such a large number of couples! We are so excited to have Meara Bartlett, with us to raise awareness for how we can help make the wedding experience for disabled couples as comfortable as possible.
About Meara of SpoonieLifestyle
Meara is a disabled author and blogger who experienced the difficulty of planning a wedding firsthand. So, she combined her experience with extensive research to write Wedding Planning for Spoonies, the first wedding planner book to focus on people with physical disabilities. The book is available on Amazon, Target, Barnes & Noble, and Kindle. Learn more at
- Website: SpoonieLifestyle
- Get her book: Wedding Planning for Spoonies
Wedding Planning for Spoonies Book
If you’d like more information on wedding planning for disabilities in mind, check out Wedding planning for Spoonies, available at one of the retailers below:
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
This podcast is brought to you by TheBudgetSavvyBride.com and is hosted by the founder, Jessica Bishop, and real weddings editor Sari Weinerman. Subscribe on Apple or Spotify today!
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning
- Episode 42: Your Wedding Vision
- Episode 43: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 1
- Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
- Episode 45: Your Guest List
- Episode 46: Your Venue
- Episode 47: Your Wedding Invitations
- Episode 48: Your Wedding Day Look
- Episode 49: BONUS: Tossing Perfectionism From Wedding Planning
- Episode 50: The Wedding (formerly known as Bridal) Party
- Episode 51: Emotional Wedding Planning and Tossing Relationship Drama
- Episode 52: Wedding Photography and Videography
- Episode 53: Food, Beverage, and Cake The Savvy Way
- Episode 54: Accommodations, Transportation, and other Wedding Logistics
- Episode 55: Rentals, Decor, Flowers, and More!
- Episode 56: The Big Day Wedding Timeline and Survival Tips
- Episode 57: Why Prenuptial Agreements are so Savvy
- Episode 58: How to Hack Your Honeymoon and Earn ROI on Your Wedding Spending
- Episode 59: Why You Shouldn’t “Toss” Pre-Marital Counseling
- Episode 60: Wedding Day Hair with Joseph Maine
- Episode 61: Wedding Planning as the Groom and why it’s “Worth It” with Ryan Cabrera!!!